Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    BJJ India (Professor Rodrigo Teixeira BJJ)

BJJ Principles & Fundamentals

Namaste Folks, Please share The Core Principles of BJJ which made singnificant difference in your game.

Example :-

1) Positional Principles

a) Mount - Protect Your Neck and Keep Ur Elbows In, Wait for the rite time to escape. Prevent Grapewine.

b) Guard - Control the Posture, Keep ur hips a bit up from the ground to stay heavy and active.

2) Submission Principles

a) Trianlge Choke - Lock the triangle, be at an angle with ur opponent to finish.

So On, Just an Example... I think it will help a lot.
    Last edited by Arun Sharma; 07-23-2013 at 10:07 PM.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    I always prevent the grapewine

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Focusing on isolation inside the clinch.

Array

School
    Immersion MMA
    Attempt to break your opponents will, then once their will to win is broken, finish. I got this from a video I watched of Eddie talking about the "Dead Zones".

Array

School
    10th planet hq
    A general principle that jumped my game up was "timing" i know it sounds general, and i will give an example but first i would like to explain. i would hear people talk about it. But for whatever reason it didnt click with me right away, i dont know what the catalyst was or when i really became aware of it but once i became conscious of it i made an effort to develope sensitivity to "timing" an easy example of this is when your stuck in side control and our captor Turns to twister pass and you hit the heisman escape. You're waiting biding your time when your captor makes his move you're ready you exploit the time. This may not help but its a principle in jiu jitsu that i think is missed. Some people have it innately others learned but alot of the time i feel people who have impeccable "timing" dont even recognise it as such.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    For me the basics that have always stayed with me are

A proper shrimp

Framing from side mount bottom

Blocking the hip and staying tight when passing guard. Always block the hip. Always.

Hug the knee for leg locks and get on your side.

Do not lay flat in half guard. Get to your side always.

On top control the hips. On bottom control posture.

Array

School
    Ronin
    For me it is the fact that the fundamentals are always the right answer: distance control, posture, and base trump 99% of the issues you'll face.

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Energy efficiency, breaking the will and baiting your opponent and keeping your hands in right place

I started when I was really small like 80lbs but was in adult class I would get stuck in like side and not be able to escape if I tried my hardest if my hands were out of position i couldnt stop americanas or anything. so I would have to bait my opponent into thinking there was openings and then use that to escape then if I wanted to tap anyone I would have to drain there energy meter with body triangles and squeezing ability and other tricky stuff like making them carry my weight if im on bottom I always had to make sure my opponent was working harder then me or they would win i couldnt win a 2 min battle but i knew i would always win the 10 min

Those made the biggest impact in my game early on its really easy for little people to tap tired big people when they put themselves into subs for you like making them sit up from spiderweb into the triangle choke because they think there is an opening to escape
    Last edited by Ryan Brick; 07-24-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by dempsey View Post
    A general principle that jumped my game up was "timing" i know it sounds general, and i will give an example but first i would like to explain. i would hear people talk about it. But for whatever reason it didnt click with me right away, i dont know what the catalyst was or when i really became aware of it but once i became conscious of it i made an effort to develope sensitivity to "timing" an easy example of this is when your stuck in side control and our captor Turns to twister pass and you hit the heisman escape. You're waiting biding your time when your captor makes his move you're ready you exploit the time. This may not help but its a principle in jiu jitsu that i think is missed. Some people have it innately others learned but alot of the time i feel people who have impeccable "timing" dont even recognise it as such.
    It made me so happy that you said "captor." That's exactly what it feels like when a real player is on top of you!
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    For me, a simple understanding of anatomy has upped my game. Knowing where the body is weakest and strongest, where it operates more efficiently and where it's not so efficient.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast