Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    This shouldn't even be up for discussion points are holding Jiu Jitsu back finishers all day

ig and twitter @jm10p

Array

School
    Ronin
    As a pure Ronin, I go to tourneys without any coach, so I have no idea what the score is, and always go for the sub. It's the only way I roll.

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    if you rolling for points you not rolling the right way,

Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike May View Post
    As a pure Ronin, I go to tourneys without any coach, so I have no idea what the score is, and always go for the sub. It's the only way I roll.
    +1

I love winning. Whether my win comes from points, sub, advantage or refs decision, it all means the same to me. The satisfaction I get from the win depends on how good my opponent was, not on how I won.

Array

School
    Textbook Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin W. View Post
    I love winning. Whether my win comes from points, sub, advantage or refs decision, it all means the same to me. The satisfaction I get from the win depends on how good my opponent was, not on how I won.
    "The satisfaction I get from the win depends on how good my opponent was, not on how I won." -- Justin W.

I like that!

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Going for the sub is my preference. It's cost me before in competition, but that's to be expected somewhat. It really depends on what is more important to you; winning the match or defeating your opponent. They're not always the same thing.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    All competitors go through this. Here's the real deal. You can control how you try to win, but you can't control your opponents. So even if you don't care about points, you will def run in to players who destroy with them. There lies the problem. How do you deal with a solid grappler, who gets up on points, then is perfectly fine with shelling up and not taking another chance until he wins. Stalling or meta-stalling. Doing just enough without doing anything. This is where the real frustration with points comes. You felt in no danger, but make no doubt, you lost. And if they could execute that game plan, they were better than you in that game. Even if you don't care about point, the people you will lose to do. Losing sucks. Learn to grapple for points just to be able to counter that opponent.

Like Blake and Sean said. Gotta be rules, so know what you're signing up for. And if you're gonna sign up might as well try to win.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    If your gonna win by points smash them until you a gentlemens agreement. That's like submitting them in a way . Other than submission finishes. Always looks to progress towards the submission with the submission in mind. With progression comes points and the intent to finish will score you points. Points should always be thought of after getting the submission.

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    I don't see the point in training for a competition, paying a hundred dollars for it and then sometimes having to drive several hours to the venue if you're not there to finish. I want to submit every opponent I compete against, as fast as possible, regardless of whether I'm winning or losing on points. The ultimate goal to me, is to roll in tournaments the same way I do in the gym. Sacrificing top position for a potential finish, never stalling and just generally having a good time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast