Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    Chlorine. This story made me daydream about it. I can feel the smell.. aaah

Array

School
    10TH PLANET GLASGOW!!
    You did the right thing buddy! It's not worth the risk.

Array

School
    Reppin 10thP Ronin
    Dude, could you imagine how many years of toe funk are on those mats. HELL NO!!! That shit is nasty, I would've done the same thing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    datch gi protetch. just eat fruits a vegetables dude and wear da gi.

wipes btw are amazing. theres no showering facility where i train so i use the wipes before i go home and shower. makes me feel better right away. but yeah good luck with it.

Array

School
    BJJ Akademie Berlin
    I looked on Amazon.de and the Defense soap and wipes are not there...bummer. Truth be told, I don't want to import them as that shit is too much money. I usually just come home, hit the shower (I wash with Head and Shoulders....old school wrestling "trick", hang my gi up to dry then wash it the next day before I go to work.

Totally right...not sure how many years of toe funk are on those mats, but my guess...5 or more....easy.

Array

School
    no school in the area
    Quote Originally Posted by ohio2berlin View Post
    So I found a school here where I live that I liked and enjoyed. The place was pretty cool as far as the other people in the club. The instructor is also cool and I liked the level at which we trained. I had a small issue with the time of the training because I got home late (around 11), but I overlooked that and said to my self, "You can make up the hour or so of sleep late." But I had some issues with the mats.

I feel bad about leaving the school because of this, but i wrestled in HS and I know what kind of funk you can get. The school used a gym that was not their's and was also used my an elementary school (who also used them with barefoot kids and didn't wash them after). We put the mats out each class and picked them up after. We did not mop them. I asked about it and was told there was no need since the gi would protect us and for no gi days you should just shower after.

This didn't fly with me. I felt like this was just NASTY NASTY NASTY. I haven't gone back and I don't really plan to. I am looking for a new school in the area and think I found one. It costs more, but I'd rather have a few less euros in my pocket than to have some funk on my skin.

Am I overreacting? Should I feel guilty?
    Hey dude did you check this school a buddy of mine trains overthere http://www.bjjberlin.de/kurse/

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Not only is that schools view on the matter unacceptable, but an instructor who would just rationalize that kind of thing to 'the gi will protect you' and 'just shower after' as a justification to not properly clean the mats shows strong characteristic such a weak mind, you you might not want to train under them anyway..

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Seriously? "A gi will protect you from infection"?!?!
    What kinda fucking idiot is this guy? Your more than right to run away. Total bull.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    We clean our mats before and after every class, gotta keep the funk away, this ain't no George Clinton concert :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    You made the right decision man. That's fucking crazy. It's pretty obvious that none of the guys from that school have ever had to deal with staph or they would do everything they could to avoid such things. They'll quit being lazy and clean their mats when they all start spreading shit to each other. It's all fun and games until someone gets MRSA.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast