Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    BJJ Akademie Berlin

Am I over reacting?

So I found a school here where I live that I liked and enjoyed. The place was pretty cool as far as the other people in the club. The instructor is also cool and I liked the level at which we trained. I had a small issue with the time of the training because I got home late (around 11), but I overlooked that and said to my self, "You can make up the hour or so of sleep late." But I had some issues with the mats.

I feel bad about leaving the school because of this, but i wrestled in HS and I know what kind of funk you can get. The school used a gym that was not their's and was also used my an elementary school (who also used them with barefoot kids and didn't wash them after). We put the mats out each class and picked them up after. We did not mop them. I asked about it and was told there was no need since the gi would protect us and for no gi days you should just shower after.

This didn't fly with me. I felt like this was just NASTY NASTY NASTY. I haven't gone back and I don't really plan to. I am looking for a new school in the area and think I found one. It costs more, but I'd rather have a few less euros in my pocket than to have some funk on my skin.

Am I overreacting? Should I feel guilty?

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    No and no.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I was originally going to say, you should tell the instructor the reason why you're leaving the school.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I wouldn't step foot in a school that didn't wash their mats

Yuck, thats how you get a mark hunt staph infection

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    No and no.
    This!

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    ... That is really fucking nasty... How often do his guys get infections? A gi will not protect you

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by ohio2berlin View Post
    So I found a school here where I live that I liked and enjoyed. The place was pretty cool as far as the other people in the club. The instructor is also cool and I liked the level at which we trained. I had a small issue with the time of the training because I got home late (around 11), but I overlooked that and said to my self, "You can make up the hour or so of sleep late." But I had some issues with the mats.

I feel bad about leaving the school because of this, but i wrestled in HS and I know what kind of funk you can get. The school used a gym that was not their's and was also used my an elementary school (who also used them with barefoot kids and didn't wash them after). We put the mats out each class and picked them up after. We did not mop them. I asked about it and was told there was no need since the gi would protect us and for no gi days you should just shower after.

This didn't fly with me. I felt like this was just NASTY NASTY NASTY. I haven't gone back and I don't really plan to. I am looking for a new school in the area and think I found one. It costs more, but I'd rather have a few less euros in my pocket than to have some funk on my skin.

Am I overreacting? Should I feel guilty?
    I don't care who the instructor is, he is a fucking idiot. To risk his health and the health of his students is fucking absurd!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    {heavy lisp} "Cleanliness is next to Godliness"
    Let him know his shit is too nasty for ya! haha

In reality man, it wouldn't take but a few bucks and a few minutes each day to wipe those mats. I have to deal with a similar situation. I teach at a University and the facility is amazing, but the janitor sucks. She hates mopping our mats. Its supposed to get mopped once a day (which is still not often enough for my liking), but sometimes its only 3 times a week. So, I took it upon myself to keep these mats clean. I got us some mat cleaning solution and a big swiffer mop, make the students do it before class. Its that easy.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    The gi will make it worse! Considering the fact that there are a % of gi students that sweat in their gi, go home, then just hang it out to dry for the next class, I'd say you made a good choice. Those bacteria will just chill in a gi. You have to be super careful.

And getting down there no gi is just asking for the bad aids

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast