Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox

Is it possible to get to deep half from whip up?

or whip down, i'd eventually want to start playing it a little but really only if i can fit it in to my my lockdown half game. Ps. when i put possible i mean effective. the idea just came to me so let me know

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    I do it all the time off failed EC when I cant break the guys base. Usually take it to waiter sweep or homer simpson. The arm thats underhooking their leg...transfer that to their hip..will give you more leverage for waiter type sweep. Also go to x guard a lot off failed EC.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Yes, but I wouldn't go there on purpose. The lock down stuff is way stronger. If the guy clears his knee passing my lock down, I'll dive to deep half. Working from mini stomp to lockdown sometime I switch to deep half. For sure work on deep half if your a lockdown player, they work together

Array

School
    lockdown is my ish i know it will work from quarter, im gonna get it very strong and diverse

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Yes it's very possible. I do it all the time. It's the same motion as when you're setting up your electric chair. You jut kettle lockdown go and spin under.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    once i master a few more techs, like 5-0 and super stomp, its into the deep half. hopefully im not to tall for it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    Yes, but I wouldn't go there on purpose. The lock down stuff is way stronger. If the guy clears his knee passing my lock down, I'll dive to deep half. Working from mini stomp to lockdown sometime I switch to deep half. For sure work on deep half if your a lockdown player, they work together
    Agree to disagree I guess. I wouldn't say lockdown half is stronger at all. If I have the option, I'll choose Deep Half over any other half guard. I have a very high sweep percentage from there.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by VJ Bella View Post
    I do it all the time off failed EC when I cant break the guys base. Usually take it to waiter sweep or homer simpson. The arm thats underhooking their leg...transfer that to their hip..will give you more leverage for waiter type sweep. Also go to x guard a lot off failed EC.
    This is a beautiful path. Resistantless transitions.

Major detail is hiding the bottom under at all cost. He can fuck your world up with that.

Array

School
    yep went deep half yesterday, didnt hide the arm fast enough and wound up with my back tooken.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Agree to disaegree I guess. I wouldn't say lockdown half is stronger at all. If I have the option, I'll choose Deep Half over any other half guard. I have a very high sweep percentage from there.
    Depends on on your lockdown half. If you got perfect double unders locked with a sick bia cinched and fancy foot work ready to move.. id say that its at least as strong as any half gaurd position. Getting to dogfight without rele.asing your cench is dominating.

Love deep half. So much I get that undethook and show my friends to too. Shuttin it down. For now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast