Array

School
    Immersion MMA

The new rules for Sub Only. Heard on EBR #26

You get 2 minutes on your opponents back.

If time runs out then the scores are 0 to 0
    If your opponent escapes then its over
    If you submit your opponent the scores are 1 to 0

After that it is your opponents turn.

Same rules but if both you and your opponent score a submission then we start all over again.

I don't like this idea. It sounds good on paper but there are clear problems.
    1. What if you are fighting an opponent who is a KILLER on the back and you yourself are are not?
    2. Who gos first? Because it may be an advantage to go first as you will be fresher. And when it comes to fighting every minute counts.

The problem with more rules is that people use them to their advantage, thats why I personally love Sub Only.

Michael.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Yeah I'm not crazy about that rule set either. But it sounds like Stewart had some success with it so I guess the proof is in the pudding.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Yeah I'm not crazy about that rule set either. But it sounds like Stewart had some success with it so I guess the proof is in the pudding.
    Yup

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    sub only means sub only.

Array

School
    10th Planet Omaha/ SIMS Martial Arts Academy
    Here is how it works.
    end the the match and there was no submission in regular time limit we go to OT.

we flip a coin to see who has first choice of the dead zones Back or Spiderweb/arm bar position
    situation 1. first guy gets the tap then the 2nd guy starts in his dead zone of choice but doesn't get the tap 1st dude wins the match.
    situation 2. first guy gets the tap, 2nd guys gets the tap. The time it took each fighter to get the sub is recorded. We now go into a 2nd overtime. 1st dude chooses dead zone and gets the tap 2nd guy chooses dead zone but doesn't get the tap. the first guys wins.
    situation 3. just like situation 2 except now in the 2nd round they both get submission again. Then we see who had the fast combined submission time and the fast time wins the match.
    situation 4. just like in situation 2 except in the 2nd overtime there is no submission and they both escape. Escape times are recorded and submission time from the first round are recorded. The fast combined time of escape and submission is the winner of the match.
    Situation 5. No submission in either round then its the fast combined escape time.
    Worst case scenario situation 6. Both fools stall and there is no sub and no escape then both fighters are disqualified.

We've ran 3 tournaments with the new OT rules and they have been incredible!!!! The new OT rules make the events so much more submission oriented its crazy.

Array

School
    SIMS / 10th Planet Omaha
    No score. Under these rules someone almost always gets submitted, and someone always moves on (so far) in the bracket instead of the situation where no one medals, or some other weird issue with the medals and places.

Array

School
    Frostbite Vale-Tudo
    As explained by Derek, that actually sounds pretty awesome! I like that the attacker gets to choose the position.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    i dont know, it is interesting and am grateful and excited to watch it. I understand that the issue Matt Hester listed are a concerns for the event promoters but from a fan perspective, I dont have a problem with these issues.