School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    you just called zog a couch,
    gotta love communicating via typing.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Best advice I can give is STOP ROLLING and START TRAINING.

Find some guys you trust to work positions with you. When the position changes, the drill is over.

Obviously, if you can't pull your heel to your butt you can't pass the guard on your knees. And you can't recover guard by driving that knee to the inside, which limits working some traditional side control escapes and guard recovery. Most of your clinching style guards are gonna be limited as well.

Perhaps drill a position like deep half that requires very little knee flexion.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    All I have for you is this. Aleve is awesome for swelling & inflammation. Take it every 8 hours. Maybe then you can get your heel to your butt and that would make the training easier. I took it for two weeks after having my arm overextended. Within two weeks it was good. My last bad over extension took 6 weeks to be good. Also, I had a kankle not too many days ago from staff and within 36 hours I had an ankle again. ALEVE. Sorry all I have is mom advice. :-/
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    All I have for you is this. Aleve is awesome for swelling & inflammation. Take it every 8 hours. Maybe then you can get your heel to your butt and that would make the training easier. I took it for two weeks after having my arm overextended. Within two weeks it was good. My last bad over extension took 6 weeks to be good. Also, I had a kankle not too many days ago from staff and within 36 hours I had an ankle again. ALEVE. Sorry all I have is mom advice. :-/
    Thanks, I've tried aleve but I strongly prefer advil liquid gels.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Best advice I can give is STOP ROLLING and START TRAINING.

Find some guys you trust to work positions with you. When the position changes, the drill is over.

Obviously, if you can't pull your heel to your butt you can't pass the guard on your knees. And you can't recover guard by driving that knee to the inside, which limits working some traditional side control escapes and guard recovery. Most of your clinching style guards are gonna be limited as well.

Perhaps drill a position like deep half that requires very little knee flexion.
    I knew this but just didn't want to accept it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    Thanks, I've tried aleve but I strongly prefer advil liquid gels.
    I might have to try those.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    yuck....poison!
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    yuck....poison!
    any recommendations on healthy (and legal) anti-inflammatories?
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Redlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    Tori: Definitely the team mom. Taking my aleve now. My poor knee.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    what kind of exercises do people do to increase knee stability? i do squats and leg curls and extensions in order to strengthen to quads hammies and calves but is there any specific ones aimed at knees? wouuld be apreciated.

and Aaron, i have a feeling you came on here for someone to tell you to slow down and go carefully before you really hurt yourself. stop being silly and play it safe. good luck brother

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast