Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Brick View Post
    IMO there is a really good grappler who is a very underrated grappler, people make fun him a lot yet every single person could learn from because he crushes everyone no one has yet had a proper answer to his style.

Of course I am talking of GSP

EVERY single time that guys fights there is a stroke of genius

I watched the GSP Diaz fight and watched basically 5 rounds of gut wrench control and Diaz having 0 escapes from it and I thought to myself god damn that looks powerful and as long as you gable grip below the bottom rib and watch kimuras and get good at switching sides you're pretty safe, like its really fucking annoying and you look like shit when caught in it

My student Kevin won gold at NAGA because on everyone he faced he gut wrenched them they couldn't escape despite there best granby, kimura and kneebar attempts and that counts as side control in NAGA

If you watch his fight with BJ Penn you'll learn some tricks on stopping rubber guard.

He is beautiful to watch, as long as you're studying his controls
    This. I've been saying the same thing for a while now.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Jeff Glover, Cobrinha, Braulio Estima, Shinya Aoki, Eddie Bravo, Marcelo Garcia, Xande Ribeiro, and Kron Gracie.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Jean Jacques, Marcelo and the Nibiru Forum Competition Team
    Last edited by Eddie Bravo; 08-08-2013 at 01:28 AM.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Marcelo and the Nibiru Forum Competition Team
    +1!
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Marcelo and the Nibiru Forum Competition Team
    Nuff said.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Bravo- IMO what sets him apart is thinking outside of the box.its like, "ok....the RNC is an amazing submission...but the guys I'm facing have been defending RNC's sine they were 5....but they haven't defended against twisters, calf slicers, groin stretches, etc." I just think that creative mentality is such a huge contribution to BJJ as opposed to the same old same old battle of who's the best at the same stuff. Eddie is more like, I'm going to hit you with either the unexpected...matter fact, I'm gonna make the unexpected high percentage by making a system. I can go on and on. But simply put, there's a reason I'm. 10p4L'er.

Marcelo- what can't you say about him. Easily the most complete grappler of our time.

Jean Jacques- the god father of no gi. Father of over/under hook fundamentals. Lord of butterfly sweeps. What a great style.

Vinny Mag- I appreciate his open minded ness toward learning and applying all sorts of effective grappling styles.

Cyborg- a big guy that can roll like a little guy. I admire that. I'm partial to his tornado guard.

Glover- what a creative guy. So submission oriented. His deep half work is insane. His darces from everywhere are awesome.

Bill Cooper- same reasons as Glover. Plus, I love his escapes DVD. That DVD has saved my ass like 100 times.

Ryan Hall- friggin weirdo....but the guy is just a scientist. You can tel he brainstorms like 70% Chris day on BJJ. He goes through paths meticulously. And watching him use pure tech on guys who are much stronger is just poetry in motion.

Rafa- if Marcelo didn't exist, I'd say Rafa was the most complete grappler. Only thing that makes Marcelo better to me is that Rafa's athleticism helps him a lot. Marcelo is just genius technique.

Galvao- I can't think of anyone with a better top game.

Telles- another eccentric. I mean, who decides they're going to get ridiculously good at turtleneck up? Yet here he is and his style is ridiculous. I love watching him hi sweeps from turtle.

Imanari- very underrated as a sub grappler IMO. His leg locks are insane. His risk taking is awesome. He's a finisher. And his heel hook counter is amazing (he heel hooks YOU with his taint)

Soneca- I wish I had his accent and omoplatas

Romulo Barral- a basics machine

Keenan also has a fun style (minus when he's facing a Miyao)- kumite. That's it. The kid is a monster.

Within 10th, I do enjoy watching coach Zog roll. It's such a weird thing to observe. It's like finess plus crushing power. Like doing surgery with a baseball bat. It's odd because its so technical, but he def takes the gentle out of the gentle art. Haha.

Scott Yockel has such a fun style too. So much fluidity and technique to his style. He really is like water. I've never seen him stay still while rolling. He always keeps flowing.

Louis Ho is a favorite to watch highlights of. His electric chair is awesome.

Sheesh, the list goes on.

Edited to add reasons why they're my favorites.
    Last edited by David Rosado; 08-06-2013 at 08:44 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Mendes Bros, Bruno Malfacine, Keenan Cornelius, Jeff Glover, Rafael Lovato, Cyborg Abreu (not facing Schaub), Miyao Bros, Marcelo Garcia, Michael Dewitt Jr
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Thanks guys appreciate all the comments. Going to have fun later YouTubing some of these dudes

Array

School
    Ronin
    here's some grapplers that aren't always mentioned that i like
    Gokor Chivichyan
    Karo Parisyan
    Josh Barnett
    Dave Camarillo

Any Scott Yockel footage about? YouTube?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast