Array

School
    Warrior Way (Caique)

Fight Night Results

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Couldn't get my version of the video since my friend who taped it was on vacation right after this fight If you can watch the above link that is my opponent's version of the fight.

I ended up throwing up at the end of the 4th round and I kinda gave into that feeling because I wasn't mentally into this fight. My coach didn't want me to fight, but didn't care if I did it ronin style, which wasn't smart for my first fight. I had no corner and it actually made my version of the fight video funnier because my friend taping it was the only person with me and he came from the crowd to be my corner in the 2nd - 4th round because he forgot about the 1st round! I had to wave him up and call him off because I didn't have enough time to get water after the 1st round.

I was thinking a lot about why I fought my friend in the cage and I guess it was because I figured it was safe enough because it was an old friend so he won't absolutely smash me and I know his style, but it was extreme enough to make me develop a kill switch. My biggest obstacle in competition is I am a very nice person and it is difficult for me to go from rolling mode to smashing mode. Even in competition if I accidentally hit someone in the face with my foot or something like that I instantly say sorry. I end up looking like I am rolling with someone trying to smash me in competition and this leads to me losing on points EVERY TIME. Even if I make them look silly and they defended submission after submission for minutes on end, they get the point victory and beat someone I could have beat right after them.

Anyways I figured if I went all in for the tap in would result in the most minimal amount of damage for both of us and I ended up dominating the fight with at least 4 or 5 takedowns and choke attempts for the first 2 or 3 rounds. At the end of the 3rd you can see me fatiguing after going for a footlock, but wasn't really set in place for it. I did not learn of the fights format until the night of the event and so I did not prepare right. I was used to minute long recovery (assuming it was standard) and it turned out that it was 2 minute rounds with 30 second breaks. It was also endless rounds until a KO or submission which made me a lot more anxious and made me work harder and in a panic to finish, I mean I'd rather have a Vale Tudo round if that's the format! I should have done more prep other than mostly straight jiu jitsu, but it was a fun fight and I got to do something I was scared to do and it doesn't seem as big a deal now

It's a frustrating feeling knowing that cardio and the adrenaline dump is 100% in my control and that's what screwed me on this fight, but when I go back to training I will know what to fix and work on Thank you for the support everyone

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    cant see it man

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    You did something most people will never be brave enough to do. Congrats!