Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    thanx for sharing your opinion. My family is feeling the same way. It's hard cause I'm at the dojo every week night from about 4pM - 10Pm. I got 2 kids, my daughters 1 and my son is 2. My girl works overnight audit at a hotel and my folks end up with the night shift with the kids. If it's not going in the right direction than I gotta make moves.

1 strong plus is that I have the keys to the gym so I can use our facility at anytime. Now that the summer program is done, I can reallocate my time to training myself in the day at the dojo.

it seems so easy when I think about it but when It's time to make moves I'm a little hesitant. The group in Kona I'd like to train with doesn't own or lease there spot so they don't have control over the facility and how it's used. their property manager actually trains with us and she tells me that they're in the red and may not be able to re lease. I 'm close with my instructor and don't wanna burn bridges.

I wouldn't mind taking the kids to see the inlaws every thursday and friday and training at BJs again on those nights. My girl said she's down to make the trips and see her family.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    If you have kids you need to shift your schedule or your priorities ASAP. That's an important detail in the story.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Sounds a bit rough bro. If you know what your goals are in fighting and jui jitsu then you probably know what you have to do, it may just be very hard to go ahead and follow that path.

Nova Uniao is a legit competing group. I'd be there and at BJ's whenever possible and if Verissimo or who ever they got there gets mad about you cross training then Id just let them be mad until they kicked me out. Then i'd move close to BJ.

Gotta follow that path. Budo.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by La'akea Sanborn View Post
    mean ah da dope! lol yeah mine is sitting in the closet right now. I'm on probation for about another year or so. Way cheaper than the volcano with the same functionality
    whaaaa?! Probation you get caught up with law dude? Volcano is hard to deny when company is over, it's kind of like yeah those are my giant balloons I inhale pot out of. Too bulky. The vape you talked me into is awesome and I just tell people it's an air freshner or a broken lava lamp. Win.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    I like my volcano, my buddy had a six foot long bag that we attach to a plant hook and just swing around the room. All about the ninja pen right now. Gotta have that full melt.

http://www.ninjapen.com/#!ninja-pen-ket/cxfi

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    If you have kids you need to shift your schedule or your priorities ASAP. That's an important detail in the story.
    This.....I can understand wanting to teach and having goals you want to reach for yourself, but anything that is taking away from the children is negative. They should be the number one factor in making this decision.

Array

School
    10th Planet Riverside
    You need to always make sure youre training with the best partners. If you're already making such a big situation by being there 6 hours it should be with the right people weather that's your current sitch or not.

Array

School
    Nova Uniao BJ Penns MMAA
    great points.

I've got alot of support at home, Me and my family live with my mom and dad so there's 4 adults to help with the kids. I take my kids to watch the youth jj classes, my two year old loves trying to tumble, and they're already starting to play with eachother. My girlfriend will pick them up either right before or right after kids class. My mom and dad will help her out when they get home at 7pm.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by La'akea Sanborn View Post
    great points.

I've got alot of support at home, Me and my family live with my mom and dad so there's 4 adults to help with the kids. I take my kids to watch the youth jj classes, my two year old loves trying to tumble, and they're already starting to play with eachother. My girlfriend will pick them up either right before or right after kids class. My mom and dad will help her out when they get home at 7pm.
    Hawaii = Family

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    I really don't understand the mentality of not wanting students to train at other gyms. The only logical explanation I can think of is you're worried you're not as good a teacher or do not provide as good a training environment. I'm fortunate that where I do the majority of my training the instructor is very open minded and, as he only runs the gym on a part time basis (2 nights a week), he has no problems with people training elsewhere. We have a core group of guys that train regularly and push each other along in a supportive way.

I was talking to Frank Barca a couple of weeks ago and he was telling me how he actively encourages his guys to train elsewhere. I'm sure I've heard Eddie talk about the 10th Planet system being very open minded and if something works from another system then he brings it into the 10th Planet system.

When it comes to your personal situation I can only echo what most of the other guys have said. At the end of the day it sounds like your instructor is trying to guilt you into staying. If he really was your friend he would see your frustration and your desire to improve and would encourage that not hold you back. At the end of the day you are responsible for the decisions you make and it sounds as if you know what you need to do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123