Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    I feel Cub earned his shot with that Dennis Siver knockout, he just kept swinging until that dude dropped. I got a lot of admiration for McGregor, someone like Chad Mendes would really test his overall ability, I feel Chad would just wrestle fuck his way to a decision though. Frankie Edgar vs. McGregor would be a sick ass fight.
    Damn good points. Give him a top 10 at least
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Alright finally getting all caught up

Pineda/Brandao- That was an entertaining fight! Sure they gassed like most heavyweights 2 punches in but I liked this one.
    Siler/Brown- Not too happy that Brown lost this one. Ive seen people calling for Brown's retirement. Yes hes 37 but he got caught. I'd like to see at least one more. If he loses that one I can see retirement. Siler always looks impressive though. This kid has got a future. I'd like to see a step up in competition from here.
    McGregor/Holloway- I love how Conor was cutting off the cage. Anytime Max circles out McGregor cuts him off at the path. I kinda think the hype got to Max. He seemed a couple steps behind throughout the fight. I couldnt even tell Conor hurt his knee during that 2nd round even though I knew it happened. He hid it well. I love watching a fight where its a mix of stand up and groundwork. Very dominant performance from McGregor. I may just be a nut hugger but he'll be FW champ no doubt.
    Pickett/McDonald- Holy shit McDonald hits like a tank and Pickett is so tough. Anybody else would have been done for that first round. Such a beautiful submission.
    Johnson/Lauzon- Lauzon didnt come out as fast as he usually does in the first round. He looked a bit off. Johnson looked amazing though. Impressive performance.
    Hall/Howard- Hall isnt really living up to the pedestal he was originally put on. It seems like when guys get in his face and aren't scared of him he isnt as dominant.
    Pyle/Brown- I will never bet against Brown again. If he were to fight Godzilla, Im picking him.
    Faber/Alcantara- Damn Faber has got to be one of the most resilient fighters out there. He was in some deep trouble. Dominate round 2 and 3. Credit to Alcantara for throwing up subs till the end. If Faber wasnt such a vet I think that triangle would have landed.
    Overeem/Brown- I didnt think Overeem looked as bad as people were saying. He looked pretty damn good (for a heavyweight) up until he got Coutured. I dont think they cut him but if he keeps losing I say he doesnt have much of a UFC career left.
    Sonnen/Rua- I really didnt think Chael would win this one. I guess Im glad to have been proven wrong. He looked really good out there. Really surprising to see him go for that guilly though.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    Alright finally getting all caught up

Pineda/Brandao- That was an entertaining fight! Sure they gassed like most heavyweights 2 punches in but I liked this one.
    Siler/Brown- Not too happy that Brown lost this one. Ive seen people calling for Brown's retirement. Yes hes 37 but he got caught. I'd like to see at least one more. If he loses that one I can see retirement. Siler always looks impressive though. This kid has got a future. I'd like to see a step up in competition from here.
    McGregor/Holloway- I love how Conor was cutting off the cage. Anytime Max circles out McGregor cuts him off at the path. I kinda think the hype got to Max. He seemed a couple steps behind throughout the fight. I couldnt even tell Conor hurt his knee during that 2nd round even though I knew it happened. He hid it well. I love watching a fight where its a mix of stand up and groundwork. Very dominant performance from McGregor. I may just be a nut hugger but he'll be FW champ no doubt.
    Pickett/McDonald- Holy shit McDonald hits like a tank and Pickett is so tough. Anybody else would have been done for that first round. Such a beautiful submission.
    Johnson/Lauzon- Lauzon didnt come out as fast as he usually does in the first round. He looked a bit off. Johnson looked amazing though. Impressive performance.
    Hall/Howard- Hall isnt really living up to the pedestal he was originally put on. It seems like when guys get in his face and aren't scared of him he isnt as dominant.
    Pyle/Brown- I will never bet against Brown again. If he were to fight Godzilla, Im picking him.
    Faber/Alcantara- Damn Faber has got to be one of the most resilient fighters out there. He was in some deep trouble. Dominate round 2 and 3. Credit to Alcantara for throwing up subs till the end. If Faber wasnt such a vet I think that triangle would have landed.
    Overeem/Brown- I didnt think Overeem looked as bad as people were saying. He looked pretty damn good (for a heavyweight) up until he got Coutured. I dont think they cut him but if he keeps losing I say he doesnt have much of a UFC career left.
    Sonnen/Rua- I really didnt think Chael would win this one. I guess Im glad to have been proven wrong. He looked really good out there. Really surprising to see him go for that guilly though.
    dude, i agree with everything you said except about faber and alcantara. faber is jsut a beast and i think since barao he has really lifted his game. i dont like who he is as a person so much but i really like how he fights and his attitude to fighting. the thing i dont agree with is about alcantara throwing subs up until the end. i think he looked like he froze and was conpletly controlled. he lay in full guard and waited until he could throw up an armbar. yeah he did well on fabers back and he had that good chance at the start, but for the last two rounds he looked like a grappling dummy for faber. i think he threw up one armabr in the end and that wasnt really dangeorus at all. and he looked like he didnt know what he should do sometimes, like when he pushed faber back into a open guard but once again seemed to sit there and think about what he should do instead of jsut doing it.

comparing him to faber, when faber was on bottum he went ape shit. didnt stop fighting until he was out and then he turned up teh gas. was a really good show for him.

and my other problem was that faber used his face as a cushion for his elbows and fists and if alcantara would have just used rubber guard, he couldve done a lot better. instead he went for wrist control that didnt help at all. just makes me wish people would use 10th planet more often.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    and i wonder what they will do with shogun? isnt that 3 losses in a row? maybe he could fight wanderlei?

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaac Atley View Post
    dude, i agree with everything you said except about faber and alcantara. faber is jsut a beast and i think since barao he has really lifted his game. i dont like who he is as a person so much but i really like how he fights and his attitude to fighting. the thing i dont agree with is about alcantara throwing subs up until the end. i think he looked like he froze and was conpletly controlled. he lay in full guard and waited until he could throw up an armbar. yeah he did well on fabers back and he had that good chance at the start, but for the last two rounds he looked like a grappling dummy for faber. i think he threw up one armabr in the end and that wasnt really dangeorus at all. and he looked like he didnt know what he should do sometimes, like when he pushed faber back into a open guard but once again seemed to sit there and think about what he should do instead of jsut doing it.

comparing him to faber, when faber was on bottum he went ape shit. didnt stop fighting until he was out and then he turned up teh gas. was a really good show for him.

and my other problem was that faber used his face as a cushion for his elbows and fists and if alcantara would have just used rubber guard, he couldve done a lot better. instead he went for wrist control that didnt help at all. just makes me wish people would use 10th planet more often.
    Oh Faber destroyed him no doubt. I guess I gave that last triangle attempt more credit than deserved but he did lock it in. Faber got out though cause he so scrappy and has been in the game for so long.

Overall great fights!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123