Array

School
    Revolution MMA Grantham

New to the system

Hi there,

I'm quite new to the 10th planet system. Our gym is in a small town in the UK and we are a few hours away from Grimsby and Birmingham (nearest 10th planet affiliated gyms). We have a blue belt who runs a gym close by and who teaches at ours once a month but ultimately this isn't really enough. Since learning of the 10th planet system it has completely changed the way that I see Jiu Jitsu even though I've only ever trained NOGI as I'm more MMA based.

My main question was wether any of you have had much success just using the MTS guides online? Also does anyone have any advice on where to start.. I've been looking at mission control and just trying to get the positioning first.

If anyone has any info that would be great.

Looking forward to discovering more of this interesting system.

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    You may have already seen it but the latest MTS episode (60) would be a good one to watch. Shows the shitty mission controll -> perfect mission control and then the rubber guard path later in the episode. There are also a few stickied threads here with technique lists, warm ups etc.

Sometimes the angle means everything, especially if you're like me and not crazy flexible. If im too closed in I find it difficult to work my rubber guard game bit if I have enough room then its sooo much better.

Suppose it's just about getting in as much training as possible and it will click at some point and you discover your way to navigate through the system.

Edit: There are also loads of dudes who train BJJ elsewhere and learn more 10P through the MTS videos. They're called Ronin it's good that you're not too far from some 10th Planet instructors so you can travel every so often to get proper 10P tuition, im lucky enough to have one on my doorstep.
    Last edited by Fraser Taylor; 08-18-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Welcome aboard!

Start with electric chair, M1, no hand pass, arm triangle from mount :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores/Mobile
    Welcome

Array

School
    Revolution MMA Grantham
    Thank you for welcoming me, I will try those out to start with. Thanks for the info guys.

I'll watch MTS60 and go from there, Eddie I was gutted I missed your recent tour of the UK. Just couldn't afford it at the time but will no doubt try and find a way to train at one of your seminars/classes eventually!
    Last edited by Chris Hayat; 08-18-2013 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Oh and is it still possible to grade online at all or will I have to attend regular sessions with Simon Cox or at Birmingham?