Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    my shoulders
    It is good to see you back.

That looks like my hip, and I only have 30% functionality of that leg, I roll with one leg 3-4x a week. Bruce with the right partners it can be done.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    It is good to see you back.

That looks like my hip, and I only have 30% functionality of that leg, I roll with one leg 3-4x a week. Bruce with the right partners it can be done.
    this. you dont have to become a world champion. you can roll around that injury for sure. you just told us about your job. it doesnt sound like your shoulder being sore will keep you out of work.

all of this is said with love. if you really want to help cora, training yourself is the only way to help to the fullest. i promise the day you stop making excuses, and start training, will be one of the best days of your life.

If somebody goes for your bad shoulder just tap - it's no big deal.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    my shoulders
    BTW that is a very credible X-ray

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    my shoulders
    Ace bandage that limb to your side get er done! Nobody can rip it off with it attached to your side. Watch videos of Rener with both hands tied and he still submits people with just his legs. You to can have that skill, if you just work on it!! As for time and money, those are lame excuses that thousands struggle with everyday and find a way to make it work.

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Personally, I'm really glad to hear that you plan on continuing to help Cora to become a champion if that's what she wants to do. I was concerned you had decided to pull her from Jiu Jitsu; nobody wants that.
    Agreed.
    *edit
    I made sure to wait on this to sort itself out before posting. It got buck ass wild in here for a bit.

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    If somebody goes for your bad shoulder just tap - it's no big deal.

Agreed, Bruce I suffered a shoulder sprain/bicep muscle sprain in April and even after I warm up sometimes it still feels on and off. I tap in practice soon as someone locks in a hold (in my preinjury experience, by the time someone has the figure 4 it's 95% of the way there anyways, I prob can count on one hand the number of times I managed to escape the figure 4 lock on an arm once their mind was set on an Americana or Kimura, and I have/had flexible shoulders too). If you tell ur training partners to be respectful of ur shoulders they will (that doesn't mean get sloppy, have them remind u when u do).

Is it possible for u to discuss with Cora's instructor if u could come in for a class once or twice a month for a discount (that's still nowhere being ideal, but at least u'd be hitting the mat a couple times instead of none). The other thing I would try to research is any local jiu jitsu clubs at a college or something, some of those run free and the only expense u would pay would be ur gas and time to drive and park there (with the Harvard club I train at I just pay for parking on my accord and my gas).

Anyways welcome back.....

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    lol at the X-ray, but we get the idea. All it would take is telling instructor your concerns and about injured shoulder... He should only put you with people who can go easy. The only other issue that could genuinely hold someone back is money. Talk to them and maybe they'll understand. Lots of gyms have a sliding pay scale for people who simply dont have the means to pay for bjj

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by HerbChao View Post
    Agreed, Bruce I suffered a shoulder sprain/bicep muscle sprain in April and even after I warm up sometimes it still feels on and off. I tap in practice soon as someone locks in a hold (in my preinjury experience, by the time someone has the figure 4 it's 95% of the way there anyways, I prob can count on one hand the number of times I managed to escape the figure 4 lock on an arm once their mind was set on an Americana or Kimura, and I have/had flexible shoulders too). If you tell ur training partners to be respectful of ur shoulders they will (that doesn't mean get sloppy, have them remind u when u do).

Is it possible for u to discuss with Cora's instructor if u could come in for a class once or twice a month for a discount (that's still nowhere being ideal, but at least u'd be hitting the mat a couple times instead of none). The other thing I would try to research is any local jiu jitsu clubs at a college or something, some of those run free and the only expense u would pay would be ur gas and time to drive and park there (with the Harvard club I train at I just pay for parking on my accord and my gas).

Anyways welcome back.....

A shoulder sprain??? Dude did you even seen that X-ray??!!??!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew Ash View Post
    lol at the X-ray, but we get the idea. All it would take is telling instructor your concerns and about injured shoulder... He should only put you with people who can go easy. The only other issue that could genuinely hold someone back is money. Talk to them and maybe they'll understand. Lots of gyms have a sliding pay scale for people who simply dont have the means to pay for bjj
    Any time Bruce is in Ny he has a place to train for free.

Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast