Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122
    Quote Originally Posted by Compella View Post
    No losses only learning right? Alot to be learned from this thread, namely that Bruce better cover his ass versus liability and always have additional adult supervision present when other people's children are involved. if you think Brent was harsh, try dealing with the law. Even with a heart of gold and the purest of intentions there's always someone looking to capitalize on a weakness if it's available, best way to counter that is to go above and beyond in creating a safe open environment. I think your ambitions are noble, but continue your research, look into a local YMCA perhaps that can provide you facilities and limited liability coverage. It doesn't have to be a 10th planet banner because of all the obvious political reasons, but hey, in 10 years if Cora wants to open up her own moon, she will have all this teaching experience under her belt. BTW, your a fucking communist for giving away Jiu-Jitsu...way to go against the grain, not very 'Merikin That being said, your doing a great service in propagating the martial arts to young people, which in essence, will hopefully create less predators and provide the tools with which to combat them. Tough love is tough, but it's love, so take it. There should be no personal beefs when we all share the same love for our system; respect the rank, empty your cup, do your thang. That's 10th planet to me, the system is strong because we make it strong. Hugs and kisses homos. TGIF.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Compella again.

Array

School
    Revolution Combat Sports
    Quote Originally Posted by Compella View Post
    No losses only learning right? Alot to be learned from this thread, namely that Bruce better cover his ass versus liability and always have additional adult supervision present when other people's children are involved. if you think Brent was harsh, try dealing with the law. Even with a heart of gold and the purest of intentions there's always someone looking to capitalize on a weakness if it's available, best way to counter that is to go above and beyond in creating a safe open environment. I think your ambitions are noble, but continue your research, look into a local YMCA perhaps that can provide you facilities and limited liability coverage. It doesn't have to be a 10th planet banner because of all the obvious political reasons, but hey, in 10 years if Cora wants to open up her own moon, she will have all this teaching experience under her belt. BTW, your a fucking communist for giving away Jiu-Jitsu...way to go against the grain, not very 'Merikin That being said, your doing a great service in propagating the martial arts to young people, which in essence, will hopefully create less predators and provide the tools with which to combat them. Tough love is tough, but it's love, so take it. There should be no personal beefs when we all share the same love for our system; respect the rank, empty your cup, do your thang. That's 10th planet to me, the system is strong because we make it strong. Hugs and kisses homos. TGIF.
    Very smooth and covered all bases evenly.

I talk to Bruce a lot on Facebook. I think he's a cool cat with the best of intentions. He's actually shared some thought processes with me that have helped me institute some 10P into my Kids program and I'm very thankful for his
    need to share". As a school owner myself, I totally get what folks are saying about liability, perception, etc. and think it is all very valid. However, I think every friggin' card was laid on the table and I hope everyone learned something and is ready to move on. Glad things are balancing out.

BTW- 10th Planet is alive and well in Texas, friends. There's pockets of us everywhere and resistance is actually pretty low, providing you empty your cup and learn the BJJ the school you go to is trying to teach you first. Even Eddie has stated that you can only go so far with 10P if your basic BJJ sucks! Brandon Quick is doing very well for himself under a different banner and is actually a pretty good instructor. I even made mention of 10th Planet a few times at a seminar I hosted at my school and he was not derogatory, so we all get along around here. Mike's got a great school/Moon up in Sherman, then you have Beaumont and El Paso and you got Ronins like myself and John Hickman in NorthEast Texas. John teaches 10P as part of his nogi curriculum at a very good Relson Gracie school..times, they are a'changin! If the damn state wasn't so big and spread out you'd hear about us some more!! Perspective: Houston is about 6hrs from Dallas; 10Planet Sherman is about 90 minutes from Dallas. I'm on the Eastern border and El Paso is about 12+ hrs from here, all in one state! But we still fly the flag and show the love :-)

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122