Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Sbardella MMA/Black Tie BJJ

Michigan Sub-Only IS A GO!

Finally received the OK from the Gladwin High School! Clare Hot Box will be introducing the first Submission-Only Grappling Tournament here in Michigan. - League will be titled the MSOA (Michigan Submission Only Association) and hopefully this is something we can continue to do here in the Northern part of the state.

We're hearing a lot of positive feedback on the event, and are more than excited to finally be able to move forward with this. Having coached high school wrestling in the past, we're looking at bringing in more of that style of tournament competition. (True Second - Double Elimination) I believe this will make it a little more appealing to a first time grappler. I've heard of several young athletes losing interest in grappling simply by being 1 and done after paying a high priced entry fee.

We're keeping this an adult tournament (17+) at first to see how we do, and if the word spreads! Entry fee will be $40.00, with an additional $10.00 if anyone would like to compete in the Absolute Division. Men AND Women's Divisions.

Custom Made Medals are to be presented to the top 3 placers in each weight bracket/skill division.

This is a big step in the right direction for Michigan Grappling/BJJ, and we hope to have the 10th planet Fam's support. One thing our state lacks is consistent grappling competition. Which is something we intend on changing!

If you'd be so kind to check out the MSOA Page on Facebook and "Like' it to show your support, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Lots of people complain about not being able to find tournaments like this. Stepping up to create one, Awesome

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carbone View Post
    Lots of people complain about not being able to find tournaments like this. Stepping up to create one, Awesome
    Thank you Tom!

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor
    REALLY looking forward to this! Way to step up big and bring a tourney like this to Michigan!

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlai View Post
    REALLY looking forward to this! Way to step up big and bring a tourney like this to Michigan!
    Thanks Adlai, a Sub-Only tournament is long over due in Michigan lol

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Great work, Brett.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    [IMG][/IMG]

Medals I had done for Michigan's first ever Sub-Only Tournament! What do you guys think?

Array

School
    Hoy's Martial Arts Pedro Sauer Ohio
    I dig them! I just wish I could compete in the tourney but I would have needed more like 2 months notice. If my job did not get in the way I would be there 100%. I hope it goes well and that you can have another one down the line.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    I admire the hell out of your ambition and follow through bro. Major props. I wish you the best and hope for an awesome turnout! Can't wait to hear the results. The medals are dope too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast