Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by brianspinaltap View Post
    He crossed his feet and still got the armbar - a million BJJ coaches can be wrong!
    Say it aint so
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

That was beautiful!

Pettis technique is awesome, on the ground and standing. I hope they do the Pettis vs Aldo fight!

Sam Sales

Quote Originally Posted by Spínola View Post
    That was beautiful!

Pettis technique is awesome, on the ground and standing. I hope they do the Pettis vs Aldo fight!
    Same here, seems Dana wants to see that fight too. I hope they don't let this superfight slip away. Aldo Pettis would be a monster fight now.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Easy for Bendo to defend. As soon as Pettis opened his guard, he just needed to posture and stand. Watch how long his feet were open before going for the sub. GSP would have been out 7 times.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick Rick View Post
    I didn't think of it as getting caught in a basic armbar, but getting caught in a cleanly executed armbar. Crazy stuff happens at the lowest on through to the highest levels, especially when strikes are involved.

Part of it could have been BH not respecting his game as well. I've learned the hard way, when the stakes are high, you had better respect the other person's game- they may just surprise you.

Still a big BH fan! He ain't going nowhere.
    This^

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    I was laughing my ass off!! Came out in his Kimono had his shorts with the black belt on em. Hair braided up no toothpick...and got submitted...hey maybe he needed to get humbled like that...thats all jiu jitsu....Pettis owns him now that stain is deep on his soul now LOL!

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Ben should have never been so comfortable...to just stay in his guard like that. He didn't try to stack and wriggle his locked shoulder through, or any other escape. I almost felt like he gave up as soon as his shoulder was locked. It was a well executed arm bar, even if he had his feet crossed and waited forever to get a deep hook, his transition was tight. Good for Pettis. I was really hoping Ben would win, but it just wasn't his day. Pettis was his one lost, maybe he had bad jitters. I hate it for him.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    There were several options Ben could have taken to escape, but he never should have gotten caught to begin with. He wasn't fighting smart. He is an emotional guy and I think he let his emotions get way to involved in this one.

With that being said, great sub.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Nu'usolia View Post
    I was laughing my ass off!! Came out in his Kimono had his shorts with the black belt on em. Hair braided up no toothpick...and got submitted...hey maybe he needed to get humbled like that...thats all jiu jitsu....Pettis owns him now that stain is deep on his soul now LOL!
    +1 love how it all went down, now Gilbert vs pettis would be a war!
    LIKE 10th Planet Grants Pass on Facebook!!
    FOLLOW @10P_GP
    10thplanetgrantspass.com

Array

School
    vortex jiujitsu
    Damn i'm glad Pettis won, what an artist !

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast