Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet Portland
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Tell your boy to tap next time. It happens.
    word

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Sounds like you're gym could gain a lil more experience. Was there a huge weight advantage?

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    this is true, i'm the president of the club and and the most experienced, second most is a d1 wrestler, 195 and competes at the same level as me, but he slept on the guy, the 3rd dayer is 6'4 160

Array

School
    Big Girls Gym
    just cause dude is new to your gym don't mean he hasn't been training. lesson learned. cant sleep on anyone.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Like Frank said, pay attention and never underestimate anyone, even day 1 guys. They may be a 3 year YouTube warrior with some living room sparring under their belt..which means they have a few things in their arsenal.

Maybe he needed it Jon. If you're worried about having a girl in there and them not tapping. Might of been a good thing it happened. I get that with guys who visit not tapping..I'm nice, I let stuff go if I need to. Not all are. I'm the instructors wife. I feel the need to be nice. Egos man. That white belt good for nothing ego...
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Being able to take the new guys is one of the first and most important skills needed. Must be able to teach the lesson of jiujitsu beats muscle. Without that, you have nothing. Your guy that went to sleep is NOT that experienced. D1 wrestling is NOT jiujitsu. It's a sport that revolves around shoulders never touching the mat. He won according to his sport.. But lost in jiujitsu. Sounds like your wrestler guy is the one needing the "first day of rolling lesson" himself.

Also, feel your new guys out before letting them roll. Ask about experience, even in other sports. If you think they could even survive your #2 guy, only let them roll with the #1 guy... Be in control of your class and YOU make the matchups you want in rolling

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    Like Frank said, pay attention and never underestimate anyone, even day 1 guys. They may be a 3 year YouTube warrior with some living room sparring under their belt..which means they have a few things in their arsenal.

Maybe he needed it Jon. If you're worried about having a girl in there and them not tapping. Might of been a good thing it happened. I get that with guys who visit not tapping..I'm nice, I let stuff go if I need to. Not all are. I'm the instructors wife. I feel the need to be nice. Egos man. That white belt good for nothing ego...
    If you cannot have a female train, then the tone of the gym needs turned down. I ran a college club for about 4 years, Barncat runs it now,but I still advise and participate. It's not an mma gym. You must be able to cater to all kinds of people. Lots of women and even some guys don't want to roll hard, ever. The club can be ran in a way that keeps everyone happy. Muscle brain can get his fix of going super hard and getting tapped 25 times per roll, and the small female can work on her new moves and set-ups in a flow roll. Main thing is YOU must make the matchups and set the tone...

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach
    How many instructors could handle a top competition brown belt? If you get tapped by a lower belt big deal...smile and keep rolling. That's why I like the coach prefix instead of Master.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottRay View Post
    If you cannot have a female train, then the tone of the gym needs turned down. I ran a college club for about 4 years, Barncat runs it now,but I still advise and participate. It's not an mma gym. You must be able to cater to all kinds of people. Lots of women and even some guys don't want to roll hard, ever. The club can be ran in a way that keeps everyone happy. Muscle brain can get his fix of going super hard and getting tapped 25 times per roll, and the small female can work on her new moves and set-ups in a flow roll. Main thing is YOU must make the matchups and set the tone...
    Well, that and some of the guys may need their ego checked. I have guys that visit that try to over power me or just stall me to get through the roll just so they can say I didn't tap em, and sometimes I don't, but sometimes I do and maybe I helped their ego a bit. Lol. But she could easily get hurt if your guys don't have the control to not spaz out and hit her with a knee while doing an M-1 pass(example), or something aggressive like that. But if she's rolled with the guys before, she knows so I'm sure she'll be fine.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12