Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    your a badass!

Array

School
    Textbook Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    Watched it. Not bad. Good set up on the triangle. Nice staying chill with your lockdown too. I haven't been able to get on everyday so I missed watching that one somehow. My husband posted one of of me not too long ago. It was in the Strikehard 2 tournie thread. It was me and a few others from our team too who had more matches than I did.
    I just watched your match, Tori.
    Great work dealing with a much larger opponent trying to smash you.
    Slick armbar, congrats!
    Respect!

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Thank you sir. Women's division is slim and they had no men my size or I would of done that instead.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Yeah, I know a couple 'white belts' like you. Tons of quality mat time which is matters, and shows. That dude was huge and good. Big strong, talented, guys are hard to kill. Sometimes it takes everything you got to control him and not get sub'd. He was deep on that kimura. Its easy for big guys to win that without near flawless poise and defense. And the way you killed his hips with the psuedo legdrag after the sweep. Props.

Array

School
    I also train to be a superhero.

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    I also train to be a superhero.
    +1
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    Textbook Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Gustaveson View Post
    your a badass!
    You too are a badass!

Array

School
    Textbook Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Tori Applegate View Post
    Thank you sir. Women's division is slim and they had no men my size or I would of done that instead.
    If talent is present, an educated eye will recognize it regardless of the outcome.

For you. Finding a way to win. And making it look natural for a smaller competitor to trump a significantly larger competitor. Is obviously a glorious victory for you. But also a victory for all underdogs embracing an uphill battle.

Array

School
    Textbook Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    Yeah, I know a couple 'white belts' like you. Tons of quality mat time which is matters, and shows. That dude was huge and good. Big strong, talented, guys are hard to kill. Sometimes it takes everything you got to control him and not get sub'd. He was deep on that kimura. Its easy for big guys to win that without near flawless poise and defense. And the way you killed his hips with the psuedo legdrag after the sweep. Props.
    Thanks for the observations!
    I've picked apart some things from this match I can improve upon.
    I've corrected some of them. But I do like to post my matches to the forums and share with local training partners just to have another view on what I'm doing right or what I'm doing wrong so that I can correct as many movements as possible.

White Belt. Haha. Yes. That's me. I started training quite some time ago. It is hard to find a legit training center in my area. There has been 3 BJJ black belts who have offered to start me out in their ranking system as a purple belt, but they all have insisted I need to spend half my time in the Gi. Using lapel grips/chokes, etc. On top of that they are 3, 4, and 6 hours from where I live. *I don't own a vehicle either..

The nearest moon is around 5 hours away from me as well :/

Obviously Chip was a respectable opponent. 6x NAGA Advanced Champion.
    But when I enter tournaments. I enter the advanced divisions (Purple, Brown, and Black).

Array

School
    It was in no way an insult and you have nothing to justify.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast