Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Array

School
    10th Planet St. Paul
    My passing is garbage, but I got Mo' sweeps than a janitor
    Half n' half/Plan B is easily my favorite combo.

Array

School
    West coast fight team
    I like the comments on this thread. On the bottom flower sweep or scissor sweep usually gets used by me. First I will threaten rubber guard and work the flow off that. Then z guard or catch an arm and drag it across and try to take the back. If they can't be broken down I come up and try to push them over I try lots of stuff.
    The fighters and younger guys can usually open me up and pass but I will have something waiting for them when they get around my legs. If I am on top I want twister side control then flow to north south and back and go to mount if I can't figure four their leg and attack twister flow I jump into mount and skydive....I don't mind getting tapped but I don't like people grinding their forearm and elbow in my throat and neck just because they are frustrated and getting it handed to them by an old man...I can't afford to get injured in the gym I would cost my literally thousands of dollars to miss work.

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    whether im better at passing or sweeping depends on if the guy im rolling with is weaker at defending passes or sweeps. Cause im a white belt see. Now going against other white belts and blue belts, i got a couple passes Ive pr acted and a few sweeps, they usually work unless the guy is over 185, not fat then they work a bit less.

Array

School
    10p CM/BP/OR/LV
    When you roll you should have an idea of what you want to accomplish that day. In your home academy you should work your weaknesses. If you are having a hard time passing, make that your focus, soon passing will be a strength and you can work on sweeps. I agree with pulling guard, work wrestling when you can, but get the party started.

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    Here's my general rule during free roll. If he's up, I sweep or submit. If he's down, I pass. I wrestle during the transitions. By not giving myself a chance to prefer or choose, I am forced to work. I don't think about it and immediately engage trying to establish a control that allows me to attempt what I have drilled.

I start every practice with standup drills. Drags, ties, shucks, shots, trips, and throws.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Halstead View Post
    When you roll you should have an idea of what you want to accomplish that day. In your home academy you should work your weaknesses. If you are having a hard time passing, make that your focus, soon passing will be a strength and you can work on sweeps. I agree with pulling guard, work wrestling when you can, but get the party started.
    Exactly! The goal of your classroom rolling should be to improve something. Especially early in your training, you should focus on one or 2 things to improve. After your a little more advanced and well-rounded, like bobby rivers, you can start doing like he mentioned, and start letting your partner choose the areas you work on...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123