Thread: BJJ Support

Array

School
    10thplanetjj.com

BJJ Support

A YouTube friend of mine Jonathan Naledge Quinton channel name NaledgeDIESEL
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NaledgeDIESEL
    make's awesome BJJ Highlight video's and he is looking for greater support for BJJ and ways to do it. So I recently sent him a message with some of my BJJ support idea's which is posted below. Let this thread be a forum for all of us to voice our opinions on how we could generate more support for BJJ and inspire my friend Naledge to create more awesome BJJ Highlight video's. Thanks.

Jonathan,

Here are some idea's you could do to build support for BJJ.

First make a cover letter that describe's the wonderful martial art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and it's need for support. This make's it clear what you are writing about and why. You should also mention the great character of BJJ practitioners such as Roger Gracie. This help's potential supporters understand that they would be helping out good people not just a sport. With in this letter you should add links to major BJJ organization's such as the IBJJF & Grapplers Quest as well as links to knowledgeable BJJ people like Kid Peligro. This allows potential supporters to seek more information about BJJ from other sources and gives them an opportunity to immediately support BJJ. End the letter with a thankful closing and add your YouTube channel link with a brief description or add it under your signature. This show's respect and allows potential supporters to see your wonderful BJJ highlight's that I'm sure they would enjoy as much as I do.

Now that you have this cover letter done who do you send it to? Well I would send it to every major newspaper editor and their sports writers in order to persuade them to cover BJJ events such as the IBJJF World Championships and so on. You could also send it to local newpapers where BJJ events are being held. icompete.org & newspapers.com are good resources for this. Send this letter to editors and sports writers of magazines, blogs, tv, etc. The goal is to get BJJ the most coverage as possible so anyone you think might cover a BJJ event send them a letter.

In hope's of getting major support for BJJ you should send this letter to anyone and everyone of the major atheltic company's such as Nike, Adidas, Reebok, etc. Maybe just maybe someone of one of these company's will take an intrest in BJJ and start a tournament, design BJJ apparel, or sponser a BJJ athlete like Marcelo Garcia. This would be great for the martial art & sport of BJJ.

Just some idea's I thought would help.

Sincerely & Respectfully,
    Michael McGuire