Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    i agree with who ever said that 2 hours is really do able for 2x a month. being able to roll with people who practice 10pjj from a 10pjj instructor will help your game alot more than seeing it online or rolling with people who dont practice 10pjj. look how many morons talk about how ineffective rubber guard is but when they show how to stop it they are doing rubber guard all wrong

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Trey Rushing View Post
    I drive 2.5 hours to my nearest 10th planet gym. With my work schedule only being off a week every 3 weeks I make the drive twice in that week off to get the training I desire. Believe me once you hit a 10th planet gym you will be hooked! good luck on your journey for your blue beltch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    I have guys that drive almost 2 hours (1 way) 2X a week.
    This is the real deal. You want it bad enough, you find a way. Two hours is not that far. If being ranked is that big of a deal to you, put forth the time, effort, money, and make the 10p connections you need to get it. Getting ranked in 10p isn't easy. We don't do belt tests. You receive a belt when your instructor sees fit to give it to you. So, no instructor..doubt there will be a belt.

The best thing you could do for your JJ education is to make that drive 2x a week and study mts by yourself. Compete as much as you can to help your learning pace and ask your instructor questions about everything. I've been training a little over a year too. I'm a white belt..and I train 4 nights a week at a 10p school. I don't expect to get my blue in the immediate future, but I'm putting the work in. Don't expect immediate results, you might be disappointed.

http://lifeisyourpieceofart.wordpress.com/tag/fight/ ...first pic
    Last edited by Tori Applegate; 09-27-2013 at 11:19 AM.
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Passini View Post
    For sure. Roll on through
    I saw that location it's about an hour and a half each way. That's a hell of a commute but I'd no doubt be willing to do it but I go to school and work almost full time so it's probably not too realistic in the near future.. I think I'm gonna give the videos a shot but if not we'll see what summer brings. I'd love to come in and roll with you guys. Love the 10p system and always using it!

Array

School
    Cristiano Ribeiro BJJ/ 10P Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Passini View Post
    For sure. Roll on through
    I think I can make 11am saturday classes but what is the monthly if I can only make it once a week? does it come down at all?
    Last edited by Nick Paul; 09-27-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Just start posting wins with a tenth planet patch on and see what happens if you can't commit to 1.5 hr drive to Chicago, if you start blowing up the competition scene you will get noticed, ask Nathan Orchard.
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hespectnogi View Post
    I think I can make 11am saturday classes but what is the monthly if I can only make it once a week? does it come down at all?
    Josh has a once a week plan or you can pay per class each time you attend. We have a seminar with Slick Rick this Saturday at noon but every other Saturday there isn't a competition we are there and would love to have you come in!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    While watching the DVD's and MTS is great, without a experienced 10p instructor around you can miss out on alot of the little things that make a huge difference. Making the drive will surely help you out tightening up the techniques you learn from video.

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Team
    Don't worry about a belt. Worry about using proper technique and reps reps reps. Best of luck to you man.

Array

School
    10th planet Melbourne/ GVJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hespectnogi View Post
    really? I saw a bunch of threads from eddie but did he just never launch it? That sucks a fat one the nearest 10p is 2 hours away from me
    My nearest 10th Planet is 2 hrs away from me, train there at least once a month.
    We had no Jiu Jitsu school here so I started one.
    My Instructor Frank has guys that travel 10 hr round trips once a month and some come by plane.
    It takes a lot of work but you may notice the little blue belt icon beneath my name.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason 'J-Faz' Farren View Post
    My nearest 10th Planet is 2 hrs away from me, train there at least once a month.
    We had no Jiu Jitsu school here so I started one.
    My Instructor Frank has guys that travel 10 hr round trips once a month and some come by plane.
    It takes a lot of work but you may notice the little blue belt icon beneath my name.
    BOOM, don't tell an Aussie it can't be done

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast