Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 10pHQ Warm Ups

Array

School
    Husaria Naas
    I'm signed into youtube and 10thplanetjj but can't view any of the warm up videos. Saying This Video is private. What do I do?

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladi The African Tiger View Post
    I'm signed into youtube and 10thplanetjj but can't view any of the warm up videos. Saying This Video is private. What do I do?
    Look at the last 20 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    Carlos machado Shreveport Louisiana
    okay so how many rounds should you do for each one like a1a ,a1b, 2 min then partner for a3,a4,a5 for 5 min rounds each????? any kind of time intervals that you guys do let me know?

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonschools View Post
    okay so how many rounds should you do for each one like a1a ,a1b, 2 min then partner for a3,a4,a5 for 5 min rounds each????? any kind of time intervals that you guys do let me know?
    As a white belt, I am in a fundamentals class that is a solid hour of learning the warm up for the day, and doing specific training that is focused around the techniques required to perform the warm up, such as granby rolls, and many variations of it before moving into the actual granby roll from knee-to-knee position. Or rolling kimuras, and all the steps leading up to that technique, like shoulder rolls, and practicing the kimura before moving into the actual rolling kimura flow drill.

However, the goal is to move into the advanced classes, and the warm ups are just that, a warm up, and should not take up more than 15-20 minutes of an advanced class, so thats 5 minutes per flow, 4 flows per warm up, so try for 5 minutes per flow. It will not be easy, you will sweat your ass off,and it will be tiring, thats the purpose of a warm up.

Keep in mind I am just a lowly white belt, and this is just my observation of how we drill our warm ups at my current moon. Moons may very, instructors may very, days on how we train the warm ups and techniques can vary depending on who showed up to class that day. As long as your doing the warm up of the day, I doubt it will matter how you go about it, as long as your doing it. But dont make light of it, make it hard, push hard through it, make it non stop, make it exhausting, its all about getting the repetitions in, and building reflexes and muscle memory. Since my moon is brand new, and we are all beginners, it is very common to train for 2 hours straight on the warm ups, and variations of the warm ups, and any drills and techniques that pertain to the warm up of the day, before moving onto something more advanced. I love it!

But if that answer was too complex, then do this instead... try for 20 repetitions for each partner, or 10 each side, for 20 total... each. Train left and right, dominant and non dominant sides, then switch. You'll find this will hit around the 2-5 minute mark, depending on your speed.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Warm ups should be done on a 3 mins timer. Example A1=3mins, A2=3mins, A3=3mins, A4= 3mins. Warmps up should only take about 15-20mins of class time.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Inch by Inch.............

Frank Barca (Grank)
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne
    Affilliate Moon Downunder
    190B Sussex Street, Coburg
    Victoria Australia
    www.10thplanet.com.au
    frank@10thplanet.com.au

Array

School
    fierce mma price ut
    hey the fucking video keeps telling me its private!! please someone help

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANK BARCA View Post
    Inch by Inch.............
    Any ETA for the video series of updated warm-ups?

Array

School
    10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by cyjohn View Post
    hey the fucking video keeps telling me its private!! please someone help
    Hey! Look at the last 20 fucking posts and you'll see the new link....
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    You a bad mutha fucka Chris

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    New link to old (non-updated) videos.
    GO SHARKS!

"A conspiracy theorist is a person who tacitly admits that they have insufficient data to prove their points. A conspiracy theory is a battle cry of a person with insufficient data." Neil DeGrasse Tyson

If this shit turns out to be true, I will get a tattoo of a crop duster spelling out the phrase, "Eddie was right!"

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast