Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Colorado Springs

Problems with whip up when I have double unders

Yeah I was primarily using lock down as a holding position to stall and fight for the underhook so I could take the back or work from half guard with a underhook. Since hooking up on here I have really been getting into the lock down game because I spend most of my time in half guard rolling just because my side control / mount escape game is pretty good. So if Im ever mounted/side controlled by some one at my level or lower I will get out relatively fast and pull half guard.

Im also more comfortable with half guard. However lately I have been reading posts on here and trying shit out and it has been working for me. Yesterday I tried the old school sweep for the first time and hit it. Its a pretty money sweep. I was getting smothered by bigger guys and then started using jaws of life to get out and that has been money too. People havent been able to stop me from getting the double unders. Yesterday I rolled with a bigger guy. Did the jaws of life to get out and then got the double unders but was still stuck with double unders.

He was up high but was using his shoulder and bearing the weight down that way to keep me pinned. I was flat on my back with double unders but couldnt get the whip up. This ever happen to any one else and how should I approach this.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    There a bunch of whips. Omaha, Fat, Traditional, and the Humbolt Park plus a bunch of other options as well. Tons of info on MTS. Well worth the $5 per month.
    www.10thplanetchicago.com
    Chicago Original
    Wrestling Saves Lives
    Caveman Coffee Supporter
    www.cavemancoffeeco.com
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday - Jeff Mirabella

Array

School
    10th planet HQ
    Let go of the lockdown and Make him base out, throw that underhook to get deeper and on your side.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    1. While maintaining the lockdown, bring your knees towards your chest. By doing so, you elevate your opponent's foot and take them off balance.
    2. Instead of pushing your opponent upwards by pressing him upwards, try the Tomahawk. With the Tomahawk you release the gable grip you have and swing your same side arm upwards at a 45-degree angle, aiming towards your opponent's armpit. That pushes your opponent off your chest while also turning you onto your side. Finish in perfect double unders.

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Oviedo 10th Planet Atlantic Beach
    Nice explanation Scott Ross!

Array

School
    10th Planet MTS
    Could try this:

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    Yeah you need to develop your whip up. Right on Scotty Ross

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    There's the prison guard route too!

Array

School
    Gracie Barra Colorado Springs
    Thanks every one after posting on this forum my lockdown game is getting much better. It seems like now its like second nature. Once Im in half guard I slap on the lock down and get the double unders instantly because I already know what the deal is. Im hitting the whip up consistently the only time I have problems with the whip up is on the big guys but I think I will get it in time. I have been hitting old school consistently ever since posting.

I hit the plan b occasionaly but as a situational thing if they are off I will hit them with plan b. I was having problems with the D'arce for a little while but fixed that by keeping tighter. When I roll in gi I have to be weary of lapel chokes as well but the defense is there. I need to start drilling the plan b sweep to make it more fluid and start working on taking the back from lock down iinstead of going straight for the sweep. This week Im going to try and focus on taking the back.

Also I already had a solid deep half guard game and it blows my mind how well it ties together with lock down. Its like ok I am either going the lock down whip up progression and seeing what happens from there or just completely abandoning it and going deep half. So I have two full trees of submission to work with. Mind blowing stuff

Array

School
    10th planet chicago
    if your already using the jaws of life to get double unders, i would go omaha whip. its probably the only whip up i use especially against someone bigger. you gotta watch out when you whip up cause that darce is always there

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast