Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I'm offended by Krakens. And further more I'm offended by people who get offended.

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    I'm with RIC on this one. Remember guys, our future rest with our kids. 10thplanet technique is not just for us adults anymore. I've seen more and more kids coming out playing the rubber guard system and at tournament you have to be extra careful screaming out "Crackhead Control". At the rate that 10thplanet is growing, a few more years you will see 10thplanet kids rubber guarding at every tournament, so making a name that is tournament and gym friendly will go a long way.
    Maybe just tell any kids that when they through up their right leg to cross the ankles don't crack the other persons head with your heal .Crack head control sorted .

Array

School
    10th Planet Grants Pass
    i suppose it matters where you grow up but how can you be before you're exposed to the term anyhow?
    Is it not a good thing to have kids consider that this martial art can be used for self defense against someone strung out on drugs?

As other guys pointed out there are "worse" name in 10P, a stronger case could be made for them perhaps, my parents simply explained that a lot of square ass people will be offend by certain words, so its not polite to use them in public.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Carbone View Post
    What you're describing is conformity, the exact opposite of what 10th planet was built on and continues to represent.
    ^This^

Ric are you going to ask Eddie to stop swearing, stop talking about marijuana, stop talking about the stripper days, could you stop talking about all those crazy conspiracy theories?

Eddie could you please just stop being you!?!?

Sounds like some of my Homophobic friends wishing those gays would just go back into the closet or about gay marriage because they don't want to explain to their kids about gays.

I'm a father of 3. As parents we are the #1 teachers of our children ( at least some of us are) and if we can't explain the realities of life to our children then we just suck! Its as simple as that....You can teach a child to hate. You can teach a child to love or you can teach a child how to understand.

Array

School
    Trials MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Are we for real worried about offending crackheads?
    +1

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    I can't believe this is an actual thread. The pussification of America! Maybe we shouldn't say stoner control or electric chair. OMG electric chair oh my that is used to kill people. We can't say that. How about we change crackhead to tweaker control and change 10th Planet to Easily Butthurt jiu jitsu. Maybe the lil ones will understand that better. Wait wait wait, no fuck that, how bout we keep 10th Planet as it is and stop being a bunch of pussies. I'm sooo sick and tired of all the whiney bullshit going on in this country and now it's trying to bleed over into 10th, I don't fuckin think so!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Thompson View Post
    Maybe just tell any kids that when they through up their right leg to cross the ankles don't crack the other persons head with your heal .Crack head control sorted .
    theres a bunch of valid points, and i was thinking something along the lines of this.

as far as peple are going saying changing a few names will radically alter peoples perception of tpjj, thats a bit silly. and tbh this topic has already been talked about. i think its up to the people using it. if they dont want their kids hearing that, then name it something else. i could call it hcodfuiuisc control and as long as the person im talking to knows what that is then its all good. i know a bunch of people ive met have different names for the same moves. i know that some of the people hear use different names for their kids classes.

as steven said, crack head control, not crackhead.

ric is just trying to look out for his kids in the best way he can. no reason why people have to get titchy. i disagree with him but i dont see a problem with him calling it kraken control if he wants.

how old are your kids btw ric?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    This thread makes me want to go smoke crack.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    The most vulgar language Barncat has ever used is 10th planet technique names... No joke. I don't have a problem with the names, but alot of people kinda step outside their comfort zone saying a few of them. I agree tho, we cannot ask them to be changed. Maybe in the future the naming will be a little more PG rated.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    But.. Your comfortable choking other men unconscious or getting choked, but you can't say crackhead? I mean, it takes a special kind of guy to break arms as a hobby and still speak like a nun. I respect you guys.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast