Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.

Rousimar Paulhares cut from UFC following "unsportsmanlike conduct"

Not only has he been cut, he is effectively banned from ever competing in the UFC ever again. I don't know if I completely agree with the banning, but he would make a strong addition to Bellators Welterweight division. Thoughts?

http://m.sherdog.com/news/news/Rousi...Night-29-57535

Array

School
    Ronin
    I think that Dana is making something of a grand gesture with this rather than a well thought out decision, but that being said, 5 times of Paulhares doing this garbage is way too many to ignore.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike May View Post
    I think that Dana is making something of a grand gesture with this rather than a well thought out decision, but that being said, 5 times of Paulhares doing this garbage is way too many to ignore.
    Bad vibe for him heading into ADCC. He will be a force in the regional shows (Bellator, WSOF).

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Josh Barnett is fighting in the UFC again. So I wouldn't ever rule Paul Harris out of ever competing in the UFC again. With that being said Its never going to happen. lol. He obviously has some to a lot of mental problems. If you know how he grew up it makes sense but that's no excuse.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    I think the dude is so roided up honestly, he doesn't know how to bring down that intensity, not even in training. He was a gatekeeper at best in the UFC. You could tell that the guy wasn't all their but I respect the aggressiveness. Mir broke Nog's arm into 16 pieces and was given submission of the year, granted Nog didn't tap but the ref could have stop that from happening. He wasn't escaping from that. He held it but not for that long. I understand the pain a heel hook can cause but I think in certain regards people are making a mountain out of a Mole hill. I see this as a good thing for him. He will terrorize the smaller promotions and Bjorn Rebney looks like the type that would applaud his Barbaric disregard for the mobility of his fighters legs for the sake of promoting his brand.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    I don't think a ban was completely the right call. Fines and suspension maybe, but an all out ban is ridiculous. I can see it from both sides though.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    From Palhares' manager:

"He's perplexed," Davis told MMAFighting.com. "He doesn't really grasp it. He doesn't really understand that he's doing something overly wrong. He doesn't get it."

Davis said Palhares is "in his own world, his own place" when he fights. He often doesn't listen to his corner between rounds. Palhares told Davis after the fight that he honestly never felt Pierce tapping, that's how focused he was.Davis, who said he will continue managing Palhares' MMA career, wants the 33-year-old to start working with a famous sports psychologist in Rio de Janeiro to figure out why he turns into a different person when he competes.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/10/1...ing-to-manager

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    it must suck to hear. "yeah dude your next fight is palhares." cause you're like "OH FUCK! if i lose, i also cant train for like 5 months while my knee gets rehabilitated."

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    The ref needs a pit bull breakstick when Paul Harris fights
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast