Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    I am by no means a rubber guard player but do read alot and remember Kruzy had a post awhile ago about knee pain and it was posted in there that i believe no time should your foot be closer to your head that your knee is I might be wrong but if thats the case it looked to me as that your pulling your foot down to you when in mission past the line of your knee again I might be wrong just hoping it might give you something to look into. I will try to find the link and post it for you if possible.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ann Arbor/ Ronin
    http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...ight=knee+pain

I watched the video again and does look like when he went to stack it pushed you foot way up close to you but I'm not sure just hoping this might be another area for you to look into to prevent it from happening again heal up fast i just also hurt my knee but was my mcl on the inside and i have been out about 3 weeks now so i feel your pain.

Array

School
    RGA NYC
    I don't think rubber guard has a weight limit because I have done rubber guard on people that have at least 100 pounds over me . But once you heal you should do yoga if you are not already . Lotus is a good hip opener but there are a lot more advance ones to try

Array

School
    Aspiring 10th Planet Fans/Alpha Tae Kwon Do
    wow I just saw the pop (finally had a moment) and WOW. Props to the opponent for holding back for sure, and good thing the ref came in too. Def take it easy man, see the doctor, and we'll all be praying for your return.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Excellent post Joachim! A lot of useful experience there.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th pl.-Ronin
    Thank you!
    It was a long and strenous road back to normal life after that recovery. It's nothing compared to some people's injuries, but it was scary as hell to me. '-'
    A long ass post, but I'm thinking; if there's anything in there that can help someone, it's worth putting it out there. It took me a lot of experimenting to figure out what worked and what did not. the doctors were hopeless, they just did some basic tests, not much help or advice on recovery.
    I guess they'd give a shit if I was a star athlete or something, haha. :}

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Hey James, I watched the video and I will say, you have your knee waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too low for having your foot hiked up that high. You need to get that knee hugged up to alleviate some of the pressure off the knee joint or your are going to be a crippled old man.
    I was noticing some serious pain and strain in my left knee from playing a lot of RG as my homie David Hamp mentioned and linked above, and once I took the advice and started really working on keeping my knee as high or higher than my foot, all the problems disappeared.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Gulf Shores
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurzy View Post
    Hey James, I watched the video and I will say, you have your knee waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too low for having your foot hiked up that high. You need to get that knee hugged up to alleviate some of the pressure off the knee joint or your are going to be a crippled old man.
    I was noticing some serious pain and strain in my left knee from playing a lot of RG as my homie David Hamp mentioned and linked above, and once I took the advice and started really working on keeping my knee as high or higher than my foot, all the problems disappeared.
    Glad your knee is feeling better!
    Be one with yourself and know you can do anything when you are friends with yourself.

10th Planet Gulf Shores Official Website

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Datch rubber gward will ruin your knees

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12