Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    Trolling would imply I am in some way kidding, I truly believe you are full of shit.
    That's part of his prob, he thinks it's trolling and that we are not serious. This kid seems to be looking for some kind of parenting that he will not find here among the grown folks. Move along and don't stop by any 10th Planet schools. People like you James are not wanted here.
    Last edited by Brandon Woolsey; 11-15-2013 at 05:16 AM.

Array

School
    Counter Violence LLC
    Holy crap did this get ugly. James, my advice would be to humble up. When I first joined the forum I posted a video of a technique I was working on and got basically the exact response you did, from pretty much the same people. Bobby Rivers said it'd get more credit if I was crushing in comps with it, Herzog said no vidoes below brown, etc. I immediatly posted my apology because I really didn't know, and everyone responded with smiley faces and well wishes. It's on the lower ranks to cede to the higher ranks in situations like this. All of us 10P Ronins want to contribute, but there is a standard way and format to use so that we don't sully the overall system by publicly sharing videos of techniques that haven't been vetted. Even if the technique is solid the format for submission stays the same. This whole thread would have had an entirely different tone if your first response would have been, "Oh, crap. Sorry guys, didn't know!" after Brandon Woosely first told you of the rule.

Another example was a recent thread where Brian Debes described a technique and I asked for a video. He responded with the video rule.
    http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...ght=meatbagger

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by James O'Brien II View Post
    The rap sheet is old news and has been talked about before.

Most recently in a post about my 5 year hiatus from competition involving a prison stay.

My record currently consists of: 1 Felony-2 for Aggravated Assault on a Police Officer and 1 Misdemeanor-3 for Possession of Marijuana.

Any other alleged reports are hear say mishandled by media and if you are truly interested in my story I invite you to read any and all public records from the Indiana Courthouse located in Indiana, Pennsylvania -- Those reports will give you a more raw story of the IUP Incident Report.

Each member from this website I personally train with is already familiar with this report.

Also. As mentioned by another member. The Police claimed I was a black belt in karate, or something. Each media outlet had their on spin on the tale. Some even being kind enough to answer my request to report "I train in a Brazilian Martial Art" is what they decided would be marketable and not infringe on my request.

Though Chris Herzog continues to claim he was trying to explain the rules to me. Eddie himself said that since I am not affiliated, this rule does not apply to me. Even if this rule doesn't apply to me. Most will realize my intention were never to offend, but to offer ideas.

Chris Herzog, if you feel that me questioning if you compete is disrespectful. I am sorry. Personally, if I cannot view competition footage of an instructor or live material of an instructor. The priority of studying their material is diminished.

Chris Herzog, if I credited you with banter that actually came from other members. I am sorry.

Keep in mind. Rulers of the realm. You all are an accumulation of the people you surround yourself with.
    If the people around you are carrying on in a way that seems unnecessary to you and you do not step in.
    You too carry some of the blame.
    2-3 years ago is hardly "old news".

I didn't claim anything, I told you what the rules are. Eddie did say you are not affiliated, however, if you inquired about the ranking system and had any plans of being ranked in the system it would subject you to those rules. Clearly this is something you will now never have to worry about.

Again you ask for criticism and you received it, then acted childish in return. Don't come in here and shit on my floor and try to convince me its an apple. I'm not the one that posted that technique that ignores the actual philosophy of the lockdown and its clinching based system, you did. If you don't understand that you clearly don't understand the system, this is not a shot, its a fact.

You show your level of maturity by trying to distract those from the holes that where pointed out by trying to discredit someone else. Thats not the response of someone just trying to offer ideas, thats the sign of insecurity. There are old videos of me competiting as well as a bunch of info on the internet of my accomplishments, I don't need to justify it to you.

It’s not a "maybe" or an "if" that you credited me with someone else "banter" you DID. I didn't say any of that stuff and you damn well know it. You lied and said shit that no one else posted as well. You can't confuse posts that never existed.

The fact that you of all people are trying to give me a lesson on responsibility and how I should be responsible for others, is a damn joke.

When someone is sincere with an apology it doesn't come with conditions. James you are as transparent as a window, your bullshit won't fly here.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 11-15-2013 at 06:24 AM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan Ehrnreiter View Post
    Holy crap did this get ugly. James, my advice would be to humble up. When I first joined the forum I posted a video of a technique I was working on and got basically the exact response you did, from pretty much the same people. Bobby Rivers said it'd get more credit if I was crushing in comps with it, Herzog said no vidoes below brown, etc. I immediatly posted my apology because I really didn't know, and everyone responded with smiley faces and well wishes. It's on the lower ranks to cede to the higher ranks in situations like this. All of us 10P Ronins want to contribute, but there is a standard way and format to use so that we don't sully the overall system by publicly sharing videos of techniques that haven't been vetted. Even if the technique is solid the format for submission stays the same. This whole thread would have had an entirely different tone if your first response would have been, "Oh, crap. Sorry guys, didn't know!" after Brandon Woosely first told you of the rule.

Another example was a recent thread where Brian Debes described a technique and I asked for a video. He responded with the video rule.
    http://www.10thplanetjj.com/threads/...ght=meatbagger
    Dylan that is because you acted with reason and the maturity of an adult, respected the system and the people in it.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Ok ok ok, so all the talk so far about the tech not working has been just that, talk. Here is a kid at gracie worlds this year trying to hit me with a double bridge while I had head and arm. You can see for yourselves what happens. Db is at 1:18.

This is me shutting even your technique down with in comp. proof. Enjoy.

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Science!!!! and bro who do i need to talk to about the logo making noise and spinning and shit.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach Maslany View Post
    Science!!!! and bro who do i need to talk to about the logo making noise and spinning and shit.
    Here is the guys email azncel1585@hotmail.com

Just hit him up.

Array

School
    blank
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post

This is me shutting even your technique down with in comp. proof. Enjoy.]
    this looks like a single bridge (and shitty one at that), he didn't even keep your leg hooked.

i don't think the issue at hand is the validity of the technique, i hit it all the time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    Ok ok ok, so all the talk so far about the tech not working has been just that, talk. Here is a kid at gracie worlds this year trying to hit me with a double bridge while I had head and arm. You can see for yourselves what happens. Db is at 1:18.

This is me shutting even your technique down with in comp. proof. Enjoy.

Boom.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toffolo View Post
    this looks like a single bridge (and shitty one at that), he didn't even keep your leg hooked.

i don't think the issue at hand is the validity of the technique, i hit it all the time.
    Nah, he doubled, I passed on the first. The second was no good. Head and arm with good shoulder pressure will kill an open half guard. He was even trying to get a lockdown at first.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast