Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by louis ho View Post
    if some blue belt dude training out of gracie barra wants to post a cool technique video on this forum, i wanna see it. If he's wearing 10th planet shorts, even better. This is a jiu jitsu forum, not north korea.
    amen..

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    If some blue belt dude training out of Gracie Barra wants to post a cool technique video on this forum, I wanna see it. If he's wearing 10th Planet shorts, even better. This is a Jiu Jitsu forum, not North Korea.
    Awesome, glad to see that our system is headed in the right direction

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Kadek View Post
    One this day I would Loveto meet you and shake your hand
    You can come shake mine or Tylers if ya want, maybe we will come to your "open mat" and show you a tech
    Last edited by Brandon Woolsey; 11-13-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I thought the rule was only for affiliates/hot boxes. I don't think we should try to apply it outside of that. Feels kinda icky trying to control content that isn't officially associated with us. Now if he is trying to affiliate, it's a totally different animal.

About the technique in question, I use and teach that bicep to the temple kind of bump to make space from bottom side control all the time. I don't use it from bottom half guard, though. It works so well from bottom side, you have me interested in playing with the idea from half guard.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    If some blue belt dude training out of Gracie Barra wants to post a cool technique video on this forum, I wanna see it. If he's wearing 10th Planet shorts, even better. This is a Jiu Jitsu forum, not North Korea.
    To hell with quality control, let everyone post what they want, screw the vetting process, anyone can be a affilaite or hotbox too. Lets go back to the Brandon Quick, Cappi and Ari days. I pretty sure Eddie was just talking about background check/qulaity control in the inspiring video Thor just posted, I was around then it was a huge blow and shook the credibility of the system and everyone involved. Eddie doesn't want to go through that again and neither do I. At that point in time 10th Planet had zero credibility in the BJJ world, it has just recently recovered. Thats why their are rules in place. Without the vetting process and rules we are no better than any McDojo system.The system is about having an open mind, not a mind wide open.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    To hell with quality control, let everyone post what they want, screw the vetting process, anyone can be a affilaite or hotbox too. Lets go back to the Brandon Quick, Cappi and Ari days. I pretty sure Eddie was just talking about background check/qulaity control in the inspiring video Thor just posted, I was around then it was a huge blow and shook the credibility of the system and everyone involved. Eddie doesn't want to go through that again and neither do I. At that point in time 10th Planet had zero credibility in the BJJ world, it has just recently recovered. Thats why their are rules in place. Without the vetting process and rules we are no better than any McDojo system.The system is about having an open mind, not a mind wide open.
    How bout that!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    I thought the rule was only for affiliates/hot boxes. I don't think we should try to apply it outside of that. Feels kinda icky trying to control content that isn't officially associated with us. Now if he is trying to affiliate, it's a totally different animal.

About the technique in question, I use and teach that bicep to the temple kind of bump to make space from bottom side control all the time. I don't use it from bottom half guard, though. It works so well from bottom side, you have me interested in playing with the idea from half guard.
    The rule is for hotboxes, affiliates, those that are working towards both and/or those attempting to obtain rank in the system. If you have a new technique you and are not a brown belt and would like Eddie to see it you are supposed to upload it to youtube, set it to private and make is so only eddie can see it, then send him the link to review. If he likes it, he will post it, just like he did Jessamyn Dukes' striking from the Rubber Guard Video.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 11-13-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Colud you not have seen it from a clip of rolling or comps? If it is public on Youtube and he is teaching like an official 10th planet instructor, I'm shocked that you don't have even a little issue with that.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    Colud you not have seen it from a clip of rolling or comps? If it is public on Youtube and he is teaching like an official 10th planet instructor, I'm shocked that you don't have even a little issue with that.
    Which is excatly how Eddie responds to anyone that shows him a new technique as a lower rank. I've seen it several times.

"Are you hitting in competition?", "Are you hitting it against higher ranks?", "Send me a video of you hitting it in competition".

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal
    You don't want to discourage ronins from posting new ideas on our forum. It's all about the art, creativity, etc. This has nothing to do with quality control. James is not repping 10th on ANY official capacity. He's an active member of this forum, which is great. The whole point of his post was, "Hey guys, here's my video. What do you think?" If you don't like it, say it. Tell him he sucks. His video is not a part of MTS, it has no official link to Eddie Bravo and company. As of now, James is just a punk ass kid posting a video on this forum.
    Head Instructor of 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Montreal

WWW.10thplanetjiujitsumtl.com

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast