Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Looky here what I found. I think James in a super fight format or something here. Don't know who the bald head guy is but he is huge. I think James is giving up at least 20-30 lbs. And looks to my uneducated eyes that his lockdown is legit. And for him to take on this size of an opponent tells me his Jiu Jitsu is very legit also.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Ho View Post
    You don't want to discourage ronins from posting new ideas on our forum. It's all about the art, creativity, etc. This has nothing to do with quality control. James is not repping 10th on ANY official capacity. He's an active member of this forum, which is great. The whole point of his post was, "Hey guys, here's my video. What do you think?" If you don't like it, say it. Tell him he sucks. His video is not a part of MTS, it has no official link to Eddie Bravo and company. As of now, James is just a punk ass kid posting a video on this forum.
    yes, it is great that we can be open and post videos of our experiments and key to the system, just don't teach in them. It is quite simple.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    The rule is for hotboxes, affiliates, those that are working towards both and/or those attempting to obtain rank in the system. If you have a new technique you and are not a brown belt and would like Eddie to see it you are supposed to upload it to youtube, set it to private and make is so only eddie can see it, then send him the link to review. If he likes it, he will post it.
    I gotcha. So that's the rule for the forum then. I thought it was just something in place to govern official affiliations, etc...

When you sign up for the forum is that information relayed to you? Or maybe we should have a sticky or something?
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    The rules is just as I stated it, and has been posted on the forum several times. Eddie wants the stickys limited. When someone posts a video, we tell them just like Frank and Brandon did.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Looky here what I found. I think James in a super fight format or something here. Don't know who the bald head guy is but he is huge. I think James is giving up at least 20-30 lbs. And looks to my uneducated eyes that his lockdown is legit. And for him to take on this size of an opponent tells me his Jiu Jitsu is very legit also.
    At just over 2min if you consider that a good lockdown then Bruce my friend you have not seen a good lockdown.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    ok ok ok, here we go. brown belt rule is in place for situations just like this. this isn't a lockdown technique. its a trad. half tech for getting double unders. if you open up your legs while someone has head and arm, you are screwed. dominator and no hands passes all day for you. i feel that the rule should apply for ANYONE on the forum. ESPECIALLY white belts that don't train at official schools or hotboxes. the fact that this guy neither has rank or attends an official school should make him more than subject to this rule.

lets just be clear, head and arm control with good shoulder pressure and a strong no hands pass will kill trad. half all day. if you aren't whipping or putting in butterflies, that guard is toast.
    That was my reaction to the video. I feel like something good could be there, but as it was demonstrated I don't like it. Whenever I see these kind of videos I think of ways that I would defend. The first bump/bridge would do nothing to me. I wouldn't need to undo my hands to base out. That said, I believe that's why Eddie has us work the stomps when the jaws of life aren't working. Plus, now we have Omaha whip so I don't even really need that double bridge. Like I said, it looks like it could be developed into something better. But as of right now, it's a white belt technique to use against other lower belts who may have poor head/arm control. That's how I see it.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    At just over 2min if you consider that a good lockdown then Bruce my friend you have not seen a good lockdown.
    Please Brandon, show me a good lockdown. You know me by now, I'm always open minded to learning... From James video, I see its working for him as he is able to use it to defend a huge guy from crushing him. And that should deserve some credit. Personally, we are trying to improve Cora's lockdown game as she will be facing many tough bigger boys in Jan.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Only applying it to affiliated instructors and hot boxes makes no sense. How is it acceptable for some white belt from a different school to post lockdown instructionals, but a purple belt, certified instructor, who probably actually knows about the lockdown and has some real, applicable variations to show the community can't? That sounds silly.

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    To hell with quality control, let everyone post what they want, screw the vetting process, anyone can be a affilaite or hotbox too. Lets go back to the Brandon Quick, Cappi and Ari days. I pretty sure Eddie was just talking about background check/qulaity control in the inspiring video Thor just posted, I was around then it was a huge blow and shook the credibility of the system and everyone involved. Eddie doesn't want to go through that again and neither do I. At that point in time 10th Planet had zero credibility in the BJJ world, it has just recently recovered. Thats why their are rules in place. Without the vetting process and rules we are no better than any McDojo system.The system is about having an open mind, not a mind wide open.

I'm with Louis Ho on his point that anyone can post anything if they're not affiliated. I appreciate Logan Cook's "logeoplata" variant. I'm glad he shared it.

I also see Coach Zog's point about people maybe getting the wrong idea since he's rocking the 10th Logo. There are a good deal of folks looking for any reason to hate 10th planet even to the point of lying about smashing our guys in comp. Quality control is important.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Please Brandon, show me a good lockdown. You know me by now, I'm always open minded to learning... From James video, I see its working for him as he is able to use it to defend a huge guy from crushing him. And that should deserve some credit. Personally, we are trying to improve Cora's lockdown game as she will be facing many tough bigger boys in Jan.
    It's in multiple MTS's and I am not allowed to make and post technique videos as I am only a blue belt. First off his lockdown is not nearly as tight as it should be his legs should be extended. Had they been he probably could have finished the guy with the electric chair

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast