Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    James, this is a forum about the system. Not your personal platform for self marketing. You started out pretty strong. Solid comp vids, even posting losses, which I love.(btw how's that knee)?). But yes, this wouldn't make me post. You're knee check would initiate a hipswitch ginsu knee slice that would end in even stronger shoulder pressure. You're good man, but not as good as you think you are. It comes across. I also agree that whizzerpimp stomps are better options. As stated, if you willingly release lockdown you'll never see it again. Then you're in smashpashville.

I have always said the best rule of thumb is, if you believe in a tech, hit and vid it in comp several times in legit comp. Then post that. Not the stereotypical instructional we've learned to be skeptic of from a guy we barely know. You name dropped Marcelo and Ryan. Those are the vids you watch and trust yeah? Me too.

Don't be discouraged. Stick around, just pull back. My humble advice.

And getting Marcelo to throw the gang sign and postin it is reppin/involving the system. Just is.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Quote Originally Posted by James O'Brien II View Post
    Thanks for expressing your concern, Kyle.

I want to assure you of your safety during your 1st bridge.

Even if your opponent has fast twitch reactions, these movements will typically seem subtle to the top position.
    There will be no que for the top position to react in this parrying head motion relative to your arm.
    Assuming the top positions does do this. You will posses the inside track, your elbow is low enough to transition to multiple grips controlling the head. Likely a single collar tie if thing get too out of hand.

Keep in my that my movements in this demonstration are slow and over exaggerated.
    I have never been caught in a head and arm choke as a result of this technique.
    But as you pointed out, there may be a slim hope of this.

Marcelo shows this technique with his overhook in front of the face of the top position.
    The problem that comes from this position is that the top guy can palm strike the elbow causing the arm to cross the center-line
    leading directly to a head and arm choke attempt from top half guard.

Ryan Hall's inspiration brought in the club to the side of the neck area, better addressing the possibility of a head and arm attack. Also, Ryan Hall inspired the knee block. Being the knee is blocked it, the top positions has to post out, if they want to avoid being swept.

Be aware that the top position can post on their elbows. Good for us that still leaves plenty of space to block the shoulder.

Not that I suggest this, but I can typically get away with just 1 bridge.
    A lot of the time. That 1 bridge will land me on my side with perfect double underhooks.
    As soon as you switched legs, and released the lock down a no hand pass or buttocks compress legs which would probably negate this bridge and allow a person to pass to side control, don't know if I would use it because of the associated risks. The first thing I expect when I have head and arm control from half guard/lockdown half is the transition to try to obtain perfect double unders to dog fight or the bridge to try to create space. It's great to have several options but I would probably stick to the super stomp and keep my lockdown tight to avoid getting passed or worse the arm triangle or darce.

Array

School
    Rock ministries of philadelphia/ 10th planet Philly hotbox
    I feel like every ones been itching to get at jimmys throat.. The tech is not my cup a tea but shouldnt this be the place to get constructive criticism on it rather than this aggressiveness, jimmys my boy, and i know he would not have posted it in that format if he knew the rules, which, by the way I have not seen an actually list of

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I agree you more than likely wouldnt get your lockdown half back but from the bump that would take away the head and arm control. No head and arm control then the no hand pass is negated.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonrivello View Post
    I feel like every ones been itching to get at jimmys throat.. The tech is not my cup a tea but shouldnt this be the place to get constructive criticism on it rather than this aggressiveness, jimmys my boy, and i know he would not have posted it in that format if he knew the rules, which, by the way I have not seen an actually list of
    Nah I don't think it's that, I think it's just old wounds that get reopened every time someone breaks the rules. They're there for a reason to protect the system, because I'm pretty sure that's what we're all here for is to keep the system in tact, and held to the highest standard. People have come before and tried some fuckery, and it's just people trying to protect the system. 10P4L isn't just some numbers and letters it's in your blood. To say your 10P4L in my interpretation means you'd do anything for the system. You just don't throw up 10 if you ain't about that life, and if you're about that life you're about the rules.

Either way like someone posted before this isn't my cup of tea, and even if Marcelo himself was showing it, I'd attempt it and try it, and then If I didn't truly like it I'd save it for a rainy day and come back to it again later to see if I truly dislike it.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    Nah I don't think it's that, I think it's just old wounds that get reopened every time someone breaks the rules. They're there for a reason to protect the system, because I'm pretty sure that's what we're all here for is to keep the system in tact, and held to the highest standard. People have come before and tried some fuckery, and it's just people trying to protect the system. 10P4L isn't just some numbers and letters it's in your blood. To say your 10P4L in my interpretation means you'd do anything for the system. You just don't throw up 10 if you ain't about that life, and if you're about that life you're about the rules.

Either way like someone posted before this isn't my cup of tea, and even if Marcelo himself was showing it, I'd attempt it and try it, and then If I didn't truly like it I'd save it for a rainy day and come back to it again later to see if I truly dislike it.
    100% agreed! I lived in TX in the beginning and the hate towards us was insane due to bq's stupid ass. Keeping it legit is top priority and it bothers me some kind of way that Louis is ok with this. Louis I mean no disrespect, I just can't see where a Black Belt of the system is ok with anyone, especially an outsider if that's what you consider him, not following the rules.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonrivello View Post
    It been post several times in the past, and my job as forum mod to let someone know when they do if they haven't seen it, which is what happened.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    SimGo Cobra Kai
    Eagerly awaiting a formal twelve paragraph response explaining how nobody doesn't understand like he understands to all the criticism

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Its clear James wants to be part of the system. He wears 10p gear, has inquired about ranking, posts alot on the forum, posted a pic of him and Marcelo throwing up the 10the Planet gang sign, etc. If he wants to be ranked and move forward in the system he'll have to follow the rules like everyone else. This isn't a shot or a dig, its rules that we all have to follow if someone wants to be part of the system.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Eagerly awaiting a formal twelve paragraph response explaining how nobody doesn't understand like he understands to all the criticism
    He did ask for criticism, all though I don't think he expected it.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast