Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Array

School
    Textbook Jiu-Jitsu

The Twin Bridge from Bottom Half Guard Lockdown (Video)

Grappler's Quest Men's NoGi Advanced Semi Finals

Last edited by James O'Brien II; 11-15-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    Doesn't the first bridge if he can roll his head past your arm sort of set you up to get arm-triangled? This is assuming he is able to react fast enough to catch it. I like the space that the second bridge allows to set up Perfect Double Under Hooks but the first one I just feel might set you up to get caught, hard to tell in a video. Would have to try it in a live roll. Still I like it, always good to have more options.

Array

School
    Combat Society
    Twin bridge? What about bridge 7? Lockdown conspiracy.
    Thanks for that. I'll try it tonight at no-gi class. Getting smashed by higher belts makes my lockdown useless so I'll be glad to try this out and hope it can save me.

Array

School
    Textbook Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    Doesn't the first bridge if he can roll his head past your arm sort of set you up to get arm-triangled? This is assuming he is able to react fast enough to catch it. I like the space that the second bridge allows to set up Perfect Double Under Hooks but the first one I just feel might set you up to get caught, hard to tell in a video. Would have to try it in a live roll. Still I like it, always good to have more options.
    Thanks for expressing your concern, Kyle.

I want to assure you of your safety during your 1st bridge.

Even if your opponent has fast twitch reactions, these movements will typically seem subtle to the top position.
    There will be no que for the top position to react in this parrying head motion relative to your arm.
    Assuming the top positions does do this. You will posses the inside track, your elbow is low enough to transition to multiple grips controlling the head. Likely a single collar tie if thing get too out of hand.

Keep in my that my movements in this demonstration are slow and over exaggerated.
    I have never been caught in a head and arm choke as a result of this technique.
    But as you pointed out, there may be a slim hope of this.

Marcelo shows this technique with his overhook in front of the face of the top position.
    The problem that comes from this position is that the top guy can palm strike the elbow causing the arm to cross the center-line
    leading directly to a head and arm choke attempt from top half guard.

Ryan Hall's inspiration brought in the club to the side of the neck area, better addressing the possibility of a head and arm attack. Also, Ryan Hall inspired the knee block. Being the knee is blocked it, the top positions has to post out, if they want to avoid being swept.

Be aware that the top position can post on their elbows. Good for us that still leaves plenty of space to block the shoulder.

Not that I suggest this, but I can typically get away with just 1 bridge.
    A lot of the time. That 1 bridge will land me on my side with perfect double underhooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    Twin bridge? What about bridge 7? Lockdown conspiracy.
    Thanks for that. I'll try it tonight at no-gi class. Getting smashed by higher belts makes my lockdown useless so I'll be glad to try this out and hope it can save me.
    What about the bombs on Washington Bridge?
    Where did those news reports go?!

Explain the Thermite?
    How do you explain the Thermite?!

What about Rousimar Paul Harris?
    And his ties to the Brazilian CIA?!

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by James O'Brien II View Post
    Here is a key technique I've been using for several years now to keep me playing Lockdown on my side with Double Underhooks. Rather than on my back having my face smashed into the mat.

I picked up this technique many years ago from Marcelo Garcia and since then Ryan Hall's influence has helps me bring this technique closer to perfection.

A vital skill drill to perfect in order to have an effective Twin Bridge is the Single Leg Bridge.
    This individual skill drill consists of you bridging off of 1 leg over the opposite shoulder.

Feel free to ask questions and give reviews.

Good luck getting back to your side with double underhooks!
    Just an fyi in case you are unaware, only brown belt and up are allowed to post tech vids, unless it has recently changed. Also, please tell me that your LD is much tighter than what you are doing in the vid. With the LD as loose as you have it there is no way you will keep anyone that is remotely hip to it in the LD. Just to be clear the LD in the vid is a shitty loose LD and if that's how you use it then you need to do a shitload more work on just perfecting the LD. Not trying to be a dick just giving feedback on what I see.
    Last edited by Brandon Woolsey; 11-13-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Melbourne Oz Australia
    James, I'm sure only Brown Belts and above are allowed to post vids on here mate.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    That is still the rule, and its in place for a reason.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 11-13-2013 at 05:12 AM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    I got it, this dude is an infiltrator sent in by Henatch to try and get our younger folks doing the wrong things. Damn I shoulda noticed it sooner when he was talking bout doin seminars and shit. Damn you Renato, trolled us!

Array

School
    10th Planet Bethlehem
    Quote Originally Posted by James O'Brien II View Post
    Here is a key technique I've been using for several years now to keep me playing Lockdown on my side with Double Underhooks. Rather than on my back having my face smashed into the mat.

I picked up this technique many years ago from Marcelo Garcia and since then Ryan Hall's influence has helps me bring this technique closer to perfection.

A vital skill drill to perfect in order to have an effective Twin Bridge is the Single Leg Bridge.
    This individual skill drill consists of you bridging off of 1 leg over the opposite shoulder.

Feel free to ask questions and give reviews.

Good luck getting back to your side with double underhooks!
    pretty cool, im gonna check this out. Also even if it is a rule, im glad i didnt have to wait a bunch of years till you were a brown belt to see this lol

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Shouldn't comment, but I can't help myself, I am very passonate about the lockdown! When you unhook the lock down the first time, why not just super stomp with overhook. You are almost there already. I heard that super stomp to butterfly can be effective, not sure where I heard that. You can do all the same upper body motions in conjunction with whips, with the same result without giving up a lockdown you faught so hard for. When You unhook that first lockdown, I'm swinging my foot under my ass and you'll never see it again. You will have to fight to get back to lockdown or be stuck in traditional half. I only willingly unhook the lockdown to stomp, go to dogfight, or after my sweep, cause it is a bitch to get back.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast