Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    Nope I will not ever get along with anyone that disrespects Coach Herzog. Numbnutz took took a shot at Coach and it'll come back to bite him in the ass.
    Yeah at that point I said, "Welp youre on your own"

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    Six times champ bro. Could have been seven but he ran into the wrong white belt that day.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Herzog was just doing his job James; it's called quality control. But you're a ronin so you can basically do anything you want but expect to be critiqued to the bone because you are a white belt posting techniques on this forum that you got from Marcelo and Hall. You could've just posted those videos. You posting yourself doing the techniques leaves yourself wide open for criticism. Try doing that on the Atama forum, you would get cyber hung.

Herzog has competed in the past and is now retired because of injury, why is that so hard to understand for some? The technique video rule was put in place to avoid Brandon Quick situations, Herzog is no Brandon Quick. Herzog has my blessing to post as many videos as he wants, and the same goes for Jessamyn even tho she's a purple. That girl is the opposite of Brandon Quick, she's a savage and she's reppin the team like a soldier. Some 10p heads will get approval before they are brown.

Your "compete" comment was disrespectful and a sincere apology is due. I appreciate your loyalty to 10p James, I really do, you just stepped over the line with Herzog. I hope you can figure out a way to make Herzog forgive you, negative threads suck, I want this case closed ASAP.
    Last edited by Eddie Bravo; 11-13-2013 at 07:28 PM.
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    Textbook Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    Herzog was just doing his job James; it's called quality control. But you're a ronin so you can basically do anything you want but expect to be critiqued to the bone because you are a white belt posting techniques on this forum that you got from Marcelo and Hall. You could've just posted those videos. You posting yourself doing the techniques leaves yourself wide open for criticism. Try doing that on the Atama forum, you would get cyber hung.
    With all due respect, Sir.
    I could not have "just" posted the videos of Ryan Hall's technique or the one of Marcelo's technique. I do not own the rights to those videos. That is why I state in my initial post this video would only be available for a short period of time.

Besides me not owning the rights to post those videos. The 3 techniques displayed are not the same. They all have relatively the same goal. Each competitor presents a different style and a different view. Ryan is going to Deep Half Guard, Marcelo is going to Butterfly Guard, I'm looking to keep playing Lockdown.

Assuming those two points null.
    The video was made for a friend. Quick and easy to record then send.
    Both videos are Unlisted videos. They have always been unlisted videos.

(Emphasizing this technique is not the same as Ryan's or Marcelo's)
    When I posted the video to the forum I expressed the influences that Marcelo and Ryan Hall had on it.
    I went out of my way to construct the Ryan Hall, Marcelo, video. The process took me a few hours.
    I did this for the members being swayed by a practitioner who most will view as less accomplished compared to
    Marcelo Garcia and Ryan Hall.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by James O'Brien II View Post
    I respect that you don't compete.
    But when you have people saying "You should post a video of you using this technique in competition."
    I ask you to do the same thing. Not once have I seen a competition video of you using the lockdown.

The video was not made for the forums. It was for a friend who needs help getting of their back when being smashed.
    I thought the fact of my videos being UNLISTED on YouTube would hint at a similar situation.
    With that said. I do have video of me successfully hitting this in competition.
    As Bruce posted. I had a match with 6x Expert Division Champion, Chip Gerber where I used this to get my underhooks.

I'm trying to share with you, Chris Herzog, what I've been able to incorporate into my game.
    I'm supplying a new idea at a position that I too often see new guys claiming to be stuck in.
    But instead of embracing the thought process. Instead of saying, I'd do this instead.
    You go off to talk about how you are better than Ryan Hall. And Marcelo Garcia's technique doesn't work.

Even if that last statement is true. You still did not supply your technical input.
    Good job failing to evolve.

Then you make an attempt to turn this into a pissing competition? Acting as if I'm challenging you to a match.
    Grow up, I'll see you soon, I will offer you my hand to shake, and probably crack a couple of jokes.
    I'm confident that you and I will get along great.
    Well it’s a good thing posts on the forum don’t dissolve after 30 mins so people can go back and see what I actually wrote. Either you failed reading comprehension or you’re are purposely lying and saying I said things that I didn’t. So I won’t even address those issues.

Just so you understand my position in the 10th Planet System, not only am I an instructor I’m also the forum moderator and president of the hotbox program. And one of my jobs is to enforce the rules that Eddie puts in place. One of those rules is the brown belt video rule that I shared on the other thread. If you would like to move forward in the system I’d suggest following them, as they are Eddies rules, not mine. So if you choose to not follow them, it’s on you. I never said I wanted to see it in competition, I said that’s what Eddie asks for, so if you don’t like it, you can complain to him.

Now as to the technique in the video itself, YOU asked for constructive criticism, and you received it. If you don’t like it, don’t ask for it. I did give you an explanation, you apparently didn’t comprehend that either.

As for me competing, I like the 30% function I have remaining in my left leg, I’d like to walk and roll as long as I can until the degeneration final takes that away from me.

My competition glory days are behind me I know the Olympians & World Champions I fought against are no Chip Gerber, but that’s all part of the past.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Textbook Jiu-Jitsu
    Herzog has competed in the past and is now retired because of injury, why is that so that so hard to understand for some? The technique video rule was put in place to avoid Brandon Quick situations, Herzog is no Brandon Quick. Herzog has my blessing to post as many videos as he wants, and the same goes for Jessamyn even tho she's a purple. That girl is the opposite of Brandon Quick, she's a savage and she's reppin the team like a soldier. Some 10p heads will get approval before they are brown.

Your "compete" comment was disrespectful and a sincere apology is due. I appreciate your loyalty to 10p James, I really do, you just stepped over the with Herzog. I hope you can figure out a way to make Herzog forgive you, negative threads suck, I want this case closed ASAP.
    It's hard for some of us to understand because people like myself have comeback from 3 major reconstructive surgeries.
    People like myself have comeback after receiving doctors order to never participate in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu again.

I've put my body on the line time and time again this year. Even dislocating my knee playing rubber guard in the absolute finals. Though some people gave me awesome advice. One member in particular. I will thank him in my next post once I find his name.
    Other members made dumb comments. Shawn Williams spoke to you about how he broke his knee in the same fashion. I assure you the members here making those comments are not near the level that Shawn Williams is.

I admire your goal of wanting to have the largest NoGi competitions team in the world.
    I show my admiration by competing in giving credit where it is due.
    Though in this process it seems as if a large amount of members are trolls who have never competed.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    Quote Originally Posted by James O'Brien II View Post
    With all due respect, Sir.
    I could not have "just" posted the videos of Ryan Hall's technique or the one of Marcelo's technique. I do not own the rights to those videos. That is why I state in my initial post this video would only be available for a short period of time.

Besides me not owning the rights to post those videos. The 3 techniques displayed are not the same. They all have relatively the same goal. Each competitor presents a different style and a different view. Ryan is going to Deep Half Guard, Marcelo is going to Butterfly Guard, I'm looking to keep playing Lockdown.

Assuming those two points null.
    The video was made for a friend. Quick and easy to record then send.
    Both videos are Unlisted videos. They have always been unlisted videos.

(Emphasizing this technique is not the same as Ryan's or Marcelo's)
    When I posted the video to the forum I expressed the influences that Marcelo and Ryan Hall had on it.
    I went out of my way to construct the Ryan Hall, Marcelo, video. The process took me a few hours.
    I did this for the members being swayed by a practitioner who most will view as less accomplished compared to
    Marcelo Garcia and Ryan Hall.
    You have no idea when to stop, do you?

Golden-Turd-Award.png
    Last edited by sean applegate; 11-13-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Opps, just saw Eddie's post. Case Closed.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 11-13-2013 at 07:34 PM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    What do you guys think about a sub forum where anyone can post tech videos but they have to wear masks and zero 10p gear?
    I'm totally into it :-)
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    What do you guys think about a sub forum where anyone can post tech videos but they have to wear masks and zero 10p gear? I'm totally into it :-)
    I'm in to it.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast