Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    some people just dont get it.

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    LOL, so what you are sayin is you really have no clue if/when you will get a blue belt. Maybe check out Gracie online and pay for it that way. We don't recognize those tho. I'm thinkin this dude is either a troll or seriously has maturity issues. Then again seems the peeps that remotely agree with numb nutz are all canadian, hmmm. No offense to the normal canadians but y'all did send us fuckin bieber. Andrew pull your head from your third point of contact and stop being a dumbass.
    LOL, as a 'normal' Canadian I would like to apologize for all of these things we have exported to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    Where the hell did you grow up, in the land of puppy dogs, pig tails & unicorns?
    The Rest Of Canada (R.O.C.) calls this place 'Quebec', sorry to normal Quebecois as well; they have it worse because they have too deal with this type of stuff every day Tabernac, Estee, Colis!

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Pardon mon Francais! It should be: Osti de tabarnac de calice!

Array

School
    10th Planet Mobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Sarasin View Post
    After discussing almost 3 different subject on another thread I've decided it would be best to continue on this one.

To be clear, my first choice would be to buy the white rashgaurd because I'de rather not take the chance but my question is: Would it be wrong to buy a blue 10p rashgaurd when I'm still a white belt when I do not go to a 10p school and most people in my opinion don't even know what 10p system is. The blue one is way nicer than the white, and I believe I'll be a blue belt in about a year anyways (but still not an excuse I know..). I've been doing JJ for 2 yrs and a half (probably still irrelevant but I'll mention it anyways).

Someone was saying to go ahead and buy the blue one but don't rep as a blue belt. And some said bad idea cuz your reping as a blue belt and your not just by wearing the blue rashgaurd even if your not saying your a blue belt.

What do u guys think? I'm sure there are some people who have thought about this before.
    Really?? I am pretty sure with them being called ranked rash guards they are pretty self explanatory... But then again common sense is getting as rare as a super power. When the most respected moon heads and instructors of the community tell you that is not acceptable then it's not acceptable. End of story. No debate. Would you go to Brazil sporting a black belt when you are white just because the black looks better? I think not. You would be tossed around like a rag doll and probably ridiculed on YouTube for the entire world to see because you disrespected the art. The ranked rash guards are meant to have to same respect attached to them as the belts.

10th planet is not taken nearly as seriously in the jiu jitsu world without stuff like this being allowed and further messing up the already misconstrued ideas about the 10th planet system.

Go about it the right way. Earn your place in the system like every other person in this system.

Array

School
    Frostbite Vale-Tudo
    The obvious solution is for Eddie to release the new Unranked Ronin line of Rash guards.

Array

School
    Sunbury Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRhino View Post
    The obvious solution is for Eddie to release the new Unranked Ronin line of Rash guards.
    Will it come in blue?

Array

School
    Frostbite Vale-Tudo
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty McLaren View Post
    Will it come in blue?
    It'll come in every color, but it'll say "Unranked Ronin" on the front and back

ok, so here is the opposite question. What are you supposed to do with your lower ranked rash guard when you get promoted. Lets just say OP bought the White and got promoted to Blue two months from now, is it weird to then wear the White sometimes also? Or do you guys save the ranked rash guards strictly for competition and wear others for training?

Array

School
    Frostbite Vale-Tudo
    well, I personally rock a belt rather than a rashguard to signify my rank. My white belt is hanging on the wall. It served me well for 4 years of jits and over a year in Judo. I'll unretire it again for Karate at some point.

Array

School
    10th Planet Glasgow
    Ranked rashguards are not just for 10th Planet they are for NoGi Jiu Jitsu in general. You wear a white when you're a white belt and a blue one when you get promoted. You wouldn't wear a black belt with your Gi just cos it looks cool as fuck.

Rashguards are ranked for IBJJF and competition purposes. Not for your colour preference.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast