Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRhino View Post
    The obvious solution is for Eddie to release the new Unranked Ronin line of Rash guards.
    Grey colour for Ronin kind of ambiguous and symbolic of the Ronin.

But really this whole thing is kind of dumb, just get an unranked rashguard if you are concerned about how you look and practice ... end of story. If you want a rashguard from a ranked series get the one that you are at. Personally, I wouldn't buy any other colour than white until Eddie or some other 10th Planet instructor says I am anything different. They are really not that expensive at all, and in my opinion it is like the student who complains about paying a modest monthly training fee but blows more than that amount of money in one night at the bar on a Friday and is too hung over to make sparring on the weekend.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin.Harris View Post
    ok, so here is the opposite question. What are you supposed to do with your lower ranked rash guard when you get promoted. Lets just say OP bought the White and got promoted to Blue two months from now, is it weird to then wear the White sometimes also? Or do you guys save the ranked rash guards strictly for competition and wear others for training?
    My guys usually pass them on to other students, its kind of a tradition here.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRhino View Post
    The obvious solution is for Eddie to release the new Unranked Ronin line of Rash guards.
    He told me is going to hold Ronin Rash Guard design competition. The winner will get 1 hour rolling with him, pay your own air fairs and hotel

Just buy the blue one and write "almost a" or "future" on it

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Pass them on or just wear them to practice. Obviously wear the most current rank in competition

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    what I am saying is that I'll have time to focus on it after I stop coaching in march. I never said I no clue.. And quite being a jackass and making smartass statements. If you don't agree that's fine, you don't have to be a dick. And what's up with dissing Canadians now? Now I can say that's just ridiculous.. and wtf..justin bieber? no one sent you anyone and why r u mentioning him anyways?? Quite hating and being disrespectful, no need to call anyone a dumbass..

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    LOL, so what you are sayin is you really have no clue if/when you will get a blue belt. Maybe check out Gracie online and pay for it that way. We don't recognize those tho. I'm thinkin this dude is either a troll or seriously has maturity issues. Then again seems the peeps that remotely agree with numb nutz are all canadian, hmmm. No offense to the normal canadians but y'all did send us fuckin bieber. Andrew pull your head from your third point of contact and stop being a dumbass.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    That's not it, I just wanted to hear other peoples opinons on it as well, when u told me that you HAVE TO be a blue belt to wear a blue rashgaurd I decided right there I would not buy one, point final. I can understand that it might look like that but I hope that's clear now. And just so you know, no one in Quebec ware coloured rashgaurds that go with their belt.. Belts are for gi's over here, that's it. I'm not some kind of douchbag that's going around whereing a blue belt when I'm a white lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    That doesn't seem outrageous to me, but I think Andrew Sarasin is looking for someone to say what he wants to hear i.e. that it's fine to do what you like. That probably isn't going to happen. I'd feel gross doing it. What do you say when someone asks about your blue belt ranked rashie? Explain that you're just wearing it because it looks good? I like purple but I'll stick with my white belt on my gi even though it doesn't look anywhere near as cool.

Also, I'm pretty sure Coach Herzog made this clear on the last thread. Let's not go undermining someone as well respected as the forum moderator. I'm in a similar situation as a ronin where people aren't so familiar with 10p so I think we should make extra effort to associate ourselves with 10p and follow the rules etc if we wanna be ranked in 10pjj one day.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    sorry didn't see where it says ranked rashgaurds.. oh wait, it doesn't..
    http://www.10thplanetjj.com/store/wh...ech-rashguard/
    and no I won't buy the blue one anyways and wear it, never planned to after herzog said so..
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Rushing View Post
    Really?? I am pretty sure with them being called ranked rash guards they are pretty self explanatory... But then again common sense is getting as rare as a super power. When the most respected moon heads and instructors of the community tell you that is not acceptable then it's not acceptable. End of story. No debate. Would you go to Brazil sporting a black belt when you are white just because the black looks better? I think not. You would be tossed around like a rag doll and probably ridiculed on YouTube for the entire world to see because you disrespected the art. The ranked rash guards are meant to have to same respect attached to them as the belts.

10th planet is not taken nearly as seriously in the jiu jitsu world without stuff like this being allowed and further messing up the already misconstrued ideas about the 10th planet system.

Go about it the right way. Earn your place in the system like every other person in this system.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    That's a good question, because some would say if you wear your white belt and your a blue it would be douchbagish and apparently some people see it as the same thing wearing a belt with a certain colour vs a rashgaurd of a certain colour. But I wouldn't care, where what the hell you want, you earned that rashgaurd so where it. If your blue rashgaurd is dirty and all u have is your white, why not wear your white.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin.Harris View Post
    ok, so here is the opposite question. What are you supposed to do with your lower ranked rash guard when you get promoted. Lets just say OP bought the White and got promoted to Blue two months from now, is it weird to then wear the White sometimes also? Or do you guys save the ranked rash guards strictly for competition and wear others for training?

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    lol, I think I'll wait..
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidrob View Post
    Just buy the blue one and write "almost a" or "future" on it

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast