Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec

Buying a Blue 10p Rashgaurd as a non 10p school.

After discussing almost 3 different subject on another thread I've decided it would be best to continue on this one.

To be clear, my first choice would be to buy the white rashgaurd because I'de rather not take the chance but my question is: Would it be wrong to buy a blue 10p rashgaurd when I'm still a white belt when I do not go to a 10p school and most people in my opinion don't even know what 10p system is. The blue one is way nicer than the white, and I believe I'll be a blue belt in about a year anyways (but still not an excuse I know..). I've been doing JJ for 2 yrs and a half (probably still irrelevant but I'll mention it anyways).

Someone was saying to go ahead and buy the blue one but don't rep as a blue belt. And some said bad idea cuz your reping as a blue belt and your not just by wearing the blue rashgaurd even if your not saying your a blue belt.

What do u guys think? I'm sure there are some people who have thought about this before.
    Last edited by Andrew Sarasin; 12-22-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    I say we all protest and threaten to quit 10th Planet if Eddie doesn't put the black one up for sale. I think it looks the coolest and I want that one!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I'm pretty sure I just explained this. If you are not a blue belt, you can't wear a blue ranked rashguard. It doesn't matter how many times you ask, the answer is the same.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Gracie Barra St. Peters/10th Planet Ronin
    Would you wear a blue belt at a Gi school if you were a white belt?

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    Yeah I know, I just wanted other people to see the answer of this just in case I'm not the only one. And at the same time, I'm curious to see what other people would say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    I'm pretty sure I just explained this. If you are not a blue belt, you can't wear a blue ranked rashguard. It doesn't matter how many times you ask, the answer is the same.

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    It is probably the best one but rules are the rules.

The only way I could see colours or rashgaurds being used by people who are not that colour of belt would be:

1) Having a place on the rashgaurd that says the colour of the belt say at the bottom right.

2) having a Strip of the colour accross the waist. And it doesn't have to look like a belt..

Either way I would keep the rules the way they are but those are the only Ideas I have.

When you think about it, you can buy a white, blue, black gui. But its the belt that counts as the ranking. Unless I'm wrong about it..I could be.

So the question is why can't people do the same with 10p rashgaurds? If you don't like the 10p white rashgaurd buy a non 10p rashgaurd with any colour you like. But that would suck for eddie. I'de like him to get the support he deserves by buying his stuff instead of someone else
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    I say we all protest and threaten to quit 10th Planet if Eddie doesn't put the black one up for sale. I think it looks the coolest and I want that one!
    Last edited by Andrew Sarasin; 12-22-2013 at 08:01 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Maybe you just don't understand how the 10th Planet system works. We use shirts/rash guards to designate rank. Does that make any since to you? If not, no one here can help you.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Lol this is just getting silly, the ARE Ranked Rashguards. That pretty much wraps it ups. If you want a blue rashguards, work your ass off, and earn a blue belt, then get one. It's pretty simple, what color you like is irrelavant.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

We all understand what your saying but you are what you are. I would love to rock a black Rashguard just cuz it's the coolest! But until I prove I earn it, I'll wear whatever I am

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    This is taken Directly from the old Melee Site, I would assume this holds true.

"This shirt is 100% Fine Jersey cotton, combed for softness, and slim/fashion fitting.

Traditionally, Eddie Bravo would use T-shirts to show belt rank....

If you are a fan, wear whatever color you'd like; but if you train Jiu-Jitsu, you better sport your color!"

Now That being said if you're wearing a rashguard I'd assume you train.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast