Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/New Orleans

Workouts for explosive power

any one have any good works to help build explosive power

Array

School
    Relson Gracie, Phoenix AZ
    5 pullups...10 pushups...15 body weight squats. Repeat this cycle for 20 mins at a steady pace. You should be able to do about 20 sets. I have done this workout as a warm up twice a week for the last 2 weeks and tonight when I was rolling I actually felt more explosive. I was thinking as such prior to reading your post and I can honestly say that the above listed workout is the only difference in my regime recently.

Array

School
    10th Planet Van Nuys
    I do my 100-100 setup where i do 25 push ups, 25 squats 4 sets in rapid succession. I don't do the push ups or squats all the way down but instead I focus on med/low speed lowering of the body and as fast as possible push to original position, both for push ups and squats.

you can gain explosiveness if you just lift weights. take a bench press for and example, do the form that andy was saying...focus on control and move slow when the bar is coming down and concentrate on explosion on the way up. use between 50 to 80 % of your max and do as many as you can.

Array

School
    10th Planet Peterborough
    I do a lot of powerlifting and olympic lifting for power.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Morgantown
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Doherty View Post
    I do a lot of powerlifting and olympic lifting for power.
    I have a degree in Exphys, and yes power lifting is a great way to build power and explosiveness! It increases you fast twitch muscle fibers as well as many more physical adaptations! However i do caution you because I because it is my understanding of this sport, that the athlete does not want to bulk up! It is very important for you to understand that you CANNOT just walk into a gym; sit down on a bench press and max out the bench. Will that make you stronger...yeah for pushing guys off of u after you've submitted. You need to talk to someone educated in this particular field, and have them implement a workout specialized for you/your sport. I would suggest someone who is NSCA certified.

Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    These are some great workouts! Helped a lot!

Array

School
    Carlson Gracie Miami/10P Miami/Ft. Laud Hotbox remnant
    Your biggest friends for explosive power are a combination of Plyometrics, Kettle Bell, Core, the some Core, then more Core, and of course anaerobic training ie sprints to back all that explosive movement up.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ronin/New Orleans
    thanks guys for the tips
    Chris, were does one find the work outs at on the website?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast