Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by sean applegate View Post
    Lots of counters to the DLR hook. That's actually how Silva ended up in that knee bar in the first Weidman fight.
    Silva was one of the first people I saw use x-guard in mma. He got punched in the face and I havnt seen it since

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Marshall View Post
    Silva was one of the first people I saw use x-guard in mma. He got punched in the face and I havnt seen it since
    I dont remember Silva using XGuard but as with any guard in MMA you gotta make shit happen! If your opponent can punch you more than once youre not moving fast enough imo
    #10thplanetFREAKS

the first technique is great and should be everyones go-to when dealing with the DLR but the second move where he steps back is just asking to be single leg'ed.

some added details to help if the guy has a really strong DLR would be to shove the hook off with you hand and while your hand is down there, pop the grip up off your ankle, then side stepping your leg over to a knee slide position immediately to prevent your opponent from reestablishing the DLR.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by Brent Smith View Post
    I dont remember Silva using XGuard but as with any guard in MMA you gotta make shit happen! If your opponent can punch you more than once youre not moving fast enough imo
    Cant remember who he tried it on. It was years ago.... Yeah hanging around a spot too long getting punched is not good. Silva does often talk about training in the gi. I dont think people were punching at him while in the gi. You get a feeling of safety from some positions in jiu jitsu when your not being punched at while training grappling.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    If you are active, you can stop/counter a lot of the leg locks there. The calf crush is coming from an over extension or you playing a bit to static. Attacking the opposite leg is happening because of inactivity as well. Remembering to stay busy, and always give every limb a job is crucial to playing these guards

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    We worked on these last night. All of them seemed to work out well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12