Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester

The "ChimPass" with Justin "ChimChim" Garcia

Part 1 of 2

The ChimPass (get it? Chimp-a**. Jungle Gy...oh, forget it...) is the evolution of an old Margarida technique I had seen a couple of years back. It's my pass for gi, no-gi, AND mma! Of course, practice makes perfect, but I've opened MANY a black belt's guard with this one and have never been omo plata'd. I got triangled a bunch in the beginning, but now the worst thing that pretty much happens is I have to reset. Enjoy!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Part 2 of 2

Array

School
    Pontefract England
    I used this guard break for years and got some good mileage from it. It's legit.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    In gi its called the tozi pass. Doesnt really work against flexible rubber guard players though. Too easy to get to jiu claw because your trapping your own arm. That being said this pass is literally the only no-gi pass I use when on my knees. Ive had a ton of success with it against traditional guys. I dont pass/break guard on my knees very often...but when I do I use the chim pass.

Array

School
    Dark Horse SWA\10th Planet Bear DE
    Yeah thats the thing with this pass. As soon as you feel the omoplata coming you have to reset or you will get caught . As long as your aware its really not an issue. I personally just do not like passing on the ground at all when opponent has full guard. My philosophy has always been to stand in full guard (while controlling the bicepts). When im standing they cant attack my upper body (i don worry about spiral or berimbolo from here too much either as a track stance an limp leg can avoid that pretty easily)...when im passing on my knees im constantly fighting off attacks. I dont want to play their game an defend....I want to pass or jump on a leg as quickly as possible and play my game.

I stand to pass 99% of the time (and train gi pretty much, maybe no gi a few times a month) but this is my favorite low level pass. Sometime's I'll try it first and if the person doesn't properly defend I just go with it. Good pass though, really kills that hip.

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    also have to make sure the bottom guy is flat on his back. i like having my hand in the armpit so i have a better chance of getting my arm back if they try RG but can still get the underhook.