Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Array

School
    Shayne Simpson MMA
    I just added muay thai to my training, never trained striking before so have never owned gloves. what's your methods for keeping your gloves sanitary?

Array

School
    10th Planet Oakland
    I used bleach and it worked but that shits bad for you. Id recommend Lamisil, green diet and probiotics like acidopholis.
    https://www.facebook.com/michael.hillebrand.77

Array

School
    10th Planet Coquitlam
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Morgan View Post
    I just added muay thai to my training, never trained striking before so have never owned gloves. what's your methods for keeping your gloves sanitary?
    Wash your hands and wraps before you use your gloves. Buy a Boot Dryer from Cabelas to dry your gloves immediately after each use.

Array

School
    10th Planet Santa Fe
    I like to combine two different kinds of anti-fungal. I get the generic lamosil and I have another brand that has a different active ingredient. The two combined always gets rid of it in like 2 days. VERY liberal application.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    As herzog said, do not listen to fools telling you to put bleach on it. Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the strongest agents to fight ringworm, it eats it.... take some cotton dipped in ACV and treat it a few times a day, and even dip some cotton in it and bandage it to it so it has contact. You can google thousands of people talking about how well it works for them.

I go to the dermatologist regularly, especially when I have anything fishy on my skin just so I can roll without having to worry about infecting anyone, the few times I have had ringworm i've had better luck treating it with ACV than prescription meds..
    Another good option is Defense Soap sells an essential oil compound in a vial primarily tea tree oil which is also super effective against ringworm, staph, just like ACV.... Between these two you can knock almost any skin infection that hasn't progressed out of control out quickly...

Array

School
    Movimento BJJ
    From now on I would use preventative measures so it lowers your risk of contracting it again in the future. Washing your gear (obviously) and using a fight specific soap are the best things you can do. I use armbar soap but defense soap and super body care are other options.

When you can't shower within an hour, invest in some after training wipes from super body care. They are great for when you do multiple classes back to back and don't have access to a shower or if you live a good distance from the gym. Wipe off with those for a short term fix then shower at home. I use the wipes a lot for competitions since you never know what's on those mats or your opponents! I've been training for two years and haven't gotten anything so I must be doing something right!

I wash then rub the fuck out of it w paper towel till it feels like its bleeding. Put lamisil and its done in like a day.

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein View Post
    I wash then rub the fuck out of it w paper towel till it feels like its bleeding. Put lamisil and its done in like a day.
    oh, your still talking about ringworm! my bad.

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg W View Post
    oh, your still talking about ringworm! my bad.
    He said lamasil not Preperation H greg lol

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    First off, ask a pharmisist, from what I remember in school is and experience togeather is cream. Depending how big it is you might need a prescription if the cream is not strong enough. I know eddie says use lamisil cream i think, but it doesn't work for everyone. He also says defence soap, which I bet it works but I never herd of it, maybe its good shit nowadays. But prevention is important as well. wringworm or fungis or tinea (same thing basically) all like dark and humid places. so with that being said sun kills it (just dont be a dumbass and stay in the sun and get burnt) rashgaurds are better than cotton shirts when doing exercise, don't hang around after grappling class when your all wet, at least change your shirt or bring a hand towel. Tell your instructor you got it and maybe he will start cleaning his mats more often. Don't be a risk factor such as having diabetes (because of consuming way too much sugar) , being overweight (because of folds in their skin). That's all i can think of right now. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Conner MACHINE Gibbons View Post
    I guess it had to happen eventually. I have lived on matts since I was 8. Took 7 years but the evil bastard ringworm finally caught up to me. What's the best and fastest way to get rid of it?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast