Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Increase the peace mother fuckers. LOL. The problem with message boards is that we don't have non verbal cues. We can't hear tone. We can't see facial expressions of body language. Truthfully, Chris' initial statement wasn't that bad. His response was bad. LOL. But his initial question is not bad.

Hopefully everyone can relax and not take things too personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    What's stopping bottom guy going with the roll and using both hands to push off and block the hooks from going in? looks like a good scrambler would resist the completed back take doesn't it? The rolls the easy part getting good hooks is another story. I could see this ending up with the turtelee on top, ready to scrape. Yes there's a risk of opening up the neck for the choke but this starts in a bad spot to begin with. Personally I think the system has better options already, my opinion.
    First, if your first instinct is to reach down to block the hooks you're opening yourself to get choked. Consider Marcelo vs Viera. Marcelo had no hooks, Viera went to defend the hooks, Marcelo latched on the choke with no hooks and choked him to sleep.

You don't always need hooks. Also, a body triangle is an option. But yeah, with the guy defending the choke (which is proper basics), the hooks are a lot easier to get.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    It's a good technique. A very good technique.

When you are attacking and/or controlling the back the single most important aspect is the seatbelt grip with a strong connection between your chest and your opponent's upper back. That's what provides the "invisible jiu jitsu" so to speak in the position. The hooks are of secondary importance. That's why you see guys get finished and/or controlled from all different variations of back control. Some guys prefer hooks, some guys prefer body triangle, some guys prefer grapevine, etc... but all good back attackers have that aforementioned connection mastered.

If one is struggling with this technique, one is likely missing the proper connection. Address that, and he falls in your lap.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    Very good points Brandon, love how you still mention and use Rickson's lesson's! Connection and Invisible are always very important (often overlooked) details!

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Damn Y'all just need to calm down. The man just had a point, he put a video of him beating a blackbelt which could come off "cocky", Idk about you guys but man we've been trying to string muhfuckas up by the toes lately. I don't feel like that's right, fucking with interlopers is fine and people trying to detract from the system, but goddamn chris is a nice guy. Chauncey is also a nice guy. Lets all just be nice guys and move on. We can all agree to disagree guys. Stay sexy!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    Damn Y'all just need to calm down. The man just had a point, he put a video of him beating a blackbelt which could come off "cocky", Idk about you guys but man we've been trying to string muhfuckas up by the toes lately. I don't feel like that's right, fucking with interlopers is fine and people trying to detract from the system, but goddamn chris is a nice guy. Chauncey is also a nice guy. Lets all just be nice guys and move on. We can all agree to disagree guys. Stay sexy!

I havent met chauncey in person or eric but theyve always seemed like nice dudes on the forum, chris on the other hand opened up his house to me and let me train at his gym where he helped improve my game immensely, and what he has done for 10th planet in england with mick and the others at birmingham is awesome. i thought we were all jiu jitsu warriors and not keyboard warriors, lets relax and remember that were all one big family.

and who the hell cares about belts anyway? anthony pettis vs benson "black belt" henderson. a belt only covers a couple inches of your arse and holds your pants up. im pretty sure no one understands what the others have gone through so why throw your egos around so much.

personally i think the technique is cool but it doesnt suit my game atm,

and lastly lots of techniques will work if you put enough work into them.

Thats nasty, trying tonight

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    I hear Eric and Chauncey are both spies for Royler. When lacking any non verbal ques to display a joke when in doubt enter a smilie face lol.

Array

School
    10P Gulf Shores, Atlanta, Atmore
    soneca teaches this to counter the single leg....this isn't a new tech......and it is very legit

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    HAHAHA. I was playing with you Fraser I don't have bad feelings towards you or Chris. Just making a joke. Glad you played along. I apologize if I came across as rude. I was only joking and trying to get you worked up but you played it off well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast