Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    Must check out.

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    What's stopping bottom guy going with the roll and using both hands to push off and block the hooks from going in? looks like a good scrambler would resist the completed back take doesn't it? The rolls the easy part getting good hooks is another story. I could see this ending up with the turtelee on top, ready to scrape. Yes there's a risk of opening up the neck for the choke but this starts in a bad spot to begin with. Personally I think the system has better options already, my opinion.

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona/ Academy of Kings Top Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    What's stopping bottom guy going with the roll and using both hands to push off and block the hooks from going in? looks like a good scrambler would resist the completed back take doesn't it? The rolls the easy part getting good hooks is another story. I could see this ending up with the turtelee on top, ready to scrape. Yes there's a risk of opening up the neck for the choke but this starts in a bad spot to begin with. Personally I think the system has better options already, my opinion.
    Well i guess you would have to drill the move to find out....Expand your mind man

"The more you learn in jiu jitsu the less you use. For you to do less, you have to learn more."- Jean Jacques Machado

Array

School
    Hoosier Fight Club
    I see an unorthodox choke here Chris, true, I was thinking the same thing. But look at the position before the roll.

Array

School
    FLMAC/10th planet Ronin
    ^^^
    This

Array

School
    elite mma
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Garry View Post
    well that's a standard rear naked risky defense. yes a good scrambler can use his/her hands to try to unhook or prevent the hooks, but in the process , the guy in the back can get the hands under the chin, which is very dangerous, we see them in rolling all the time. plus the guy in the back have better body control, so he can go the back again or abandon that and go to side control

Array

School
    10th Planet Birmingham UK
    My minds expanding thanks in fact since signing up to MTS it's been squeegeed. Jean Jacques quote notwithstanding; Being open minded doesnt mean accepting everything without question.

I like the roll. Marcelo does too. All I'm thinking from here is truck truck truck. Expand your truck game. I know there's a risk of being choked but you think top level guys are that easy to choke? Maybe but then maybe they get choked from the starting position sometimes too.

Array

School
    AJ Sousa BJJ Center
    Yeah lets not listen to the ADCC competitor that was seconds away from beating Kron. What does he know anyway?

Array

School
    BTT Canada - BJJ Quebec
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Perez View Post
    Yeah lets not listen to the ADCC competitor that was seconds away from beating Kron. What does he know anyway?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast