Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I think Sean has an actual webpage with them all.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 01-17-2014 at 11:45 AM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Herzog, you're such an excellent instructor.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Herzog, you're such an excellent instructor.
    love it, thanks Coach!

Array

School
    Project Cauliflower ear, 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Medford, ImperiumXtremeMMA
    thanks chris

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Cool looking triangle, but terribly low-percentage.

Array

School
    Rip Tide Combat and Fitness
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Grubb View Post
    Any chance we can get a thread with all the TWIR stickied?
    Actually already stickied in MTS techniques thread. Click on Zogipedia

Array

School
    10th Planet JJ Fort Lauderdale HB
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hachey View Post
    Cool looking triangle, but terribly low-percentage.
    You need an understanding of how Coach Herzog does techniques. Watch the video and the control that he maintains. The devil is in the details, Coach doesn't show much "low-percentage" techniques if any. If you are trying to do it and can't then you are prolly missing a key detail, and if you have not tried it you have no validation in your theory.
    Last edited by Brandon Woolsey; 01-17-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Woolsey View Post
    You need an understanding of how Coach Herzog does techniques. Watch the video and the control that he maintains. The devil is in the details, Coach doesn't show much "low-percentage" techniques if any. If you are trying to do it and can't then you are prolly missing a key detail, and if you have not tried it you have no validation in your theory.
    I'm sure Zog himself would tell you it's not high percentage. What's stoping someone from "answering the phone" with their free hand while Zog is spinning? I mean, you might be able to catch someone off guard with it, but you won't catch them twice!

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    I'm sure Zog himself would tell you it's not high percentage. What's stoping someone from "answering the phone" with their free hand while Zog is spinning? I mean, you might be able to catch someone off guard with it, but you won't catch them twice!
    I think your missing the point of the attack. the goal is to escape side control and threatin with the triangle. if you get the triangle great, if they defend it your still out of side control bottom. Finishing percentage depends on the person doing the escape/triangle. I always rep a new tech before I comment on it, to me I dont really know if its gonna for me until I rep it out a bunch. How can I say if its low or high percentage without ever trying it?

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Your comment alone tells me you have never done the technique, more importantly with success. So I'm under absolutely no obligation to even address your comment. However I do enjoy putting people in their place when they open their mouth and speak on something in which they don't understand.

It is not low percentage and here is why.

1) The Ghost series itself is super high percentage. I have yet to date have anyone able to hold me down in a traditional side control that I could not Ghost out of.

2)There is an entire series of techniques and transitions(taking the back, m'arce, D'arce, sprawl control, butterfly guard and open guard) that build off the counters they will try during the escape itself, developing those alone will increase your percentages of finishing the triangle, because they have to worry about those as well.

3)Lets just talk about the triangle alone and why I know you have never done it LIVE. One word, "Pressure". If there is none, I don't Ghost out. The name the Ghost comes from disappearing out from underneath them (I had a student once say it felt like I vanished from underneath them, hence the the name was born). So back to pressure, once I Ghost out they either fall flat on their face or they have to base out. Either is fine with me, most people that have grappled longer than a few months will base. If they do by chance "answer the phone" (which only solves one problem), I can stuff triangle, pull guard, still hit a m'arce,etc. Also to point out, home aloning vs a triangle is a very low pertange defense against triangle, and very unlikely to work against a really good triangle, especially if they have killer leg curls. However the main point, they never passed my Quarter Guard.

Now be quiet when the grown ups are talking.
    Last edited by Chris Herzog; 01-17-2014 at 11:52 AM.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast