Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals

The Oprah From Rubber Guard <VIDEO> Carni Variation

New video for you guys. Hope you enjoy it. I use this ALOT; it's one of my go to plays from the bottom. Let me know what you think and how it works out for you.

"The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Brandon: thank you for this video buddy. I was almost giving up on the Carni. You see, there has been a few times that Cora had tried the Carni in competition. But I guess kids are more flexible than adults. They seem to get out of everyone of her attempt, just the way you describe it on this video. But according to this video, I think it will work for her. We will try it and report back to you. Thanks again.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    Brandon: thank you for this video buddy. I was almost giving up on the Carni. You see, there has been a few times that Cora had tried the Carni in competition. But I guess kids are more flexible than adults. They seem to get out of everyone of her attempt, just the way you describe it on this video. But according to this video, I think it will work for her. We will try it and report back to you. Thanks again.
    Dude, Cora will have a field day with this.

The problem with this is that it comes from a bad position. You don't really want to be there getting your butterfly stuffed through to the other side. But it happens sometimes, and it's good to have some money options when it does. This is a home run for me. I will let guys "pass my guard" just to set it up.

I have other setups that work well for me, but I haven't really figured out a good way to teach them yet. They're still kinda under development, so I'll be interested to see anything anyone else comes up with.

Good luck and keep me posted with her progress.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    First, this is friggin brilliant. Thanks for sharing. Going straight into my meat hook game. I love the shenenay (sp?).

Whys it called the oprah though?

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Seriously though, I love how much 10th planet just shares. No email blasts to buy a new DVD or pay for a web subscription. Just " hey this works and I want you guys to get better so here it is."

Thanks again Brandon.

Array

School
    Lotus Club JJ
    Awesome carni's back in business , I like the the idea of preventing them from rolling but maybe you also have something for if they somehow stuff the right leg and sort of pass but the chill dog to kung fu still in place like in this Conor huen match at 2:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh-qkDXdZWA

is there a possibility for a sweep or something, I've been in this position quite a few times but not much success I think even eddie said theres nothing but Idk maybe somebody out there has an option (btw still think conor huens one of the toughtest SOB's out there )

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    Dude, Cora will have a field day with this.

The problem with this is that it comes from a bad position. You don't really want to be there getting your butterfly stuffed through to the other side. But it happens sometimes, and it's good to have some money options when it does. This is a home run for me. I will let guys "pass my guard" just to set it up.

I have other setups that work well for me, but I haven't really figured out a good way to teach them yet. They're still kinda under development, so I'll be interested to see anything anyone else comes up with.

Good luck and keep me posted with her progress.
    Thanks Brandon: Although right now we are focusing a lot on pass prevention and guard retention, the reality is that her guard will always going to be pass and trying to catch these speedy kids will be hard. So I can see with this technique, at least she can still do something else once they have stuffed her leg. And all that you have described in your video on how they smashed on you to prevent you from going into some sort of kung fu. Well its happening to her also. So with the "shen nay nay" LOL, I think she will be able to kung fu through now. And that little detail about lifting your hip up to put more shoulder pressure is GOLDEN.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    Seriously though, I love how much 10th planet just shares. No email blasts to buy a new DVD or pay for a web subscription. Just " hey this works and I want you guys to get better so here it is."

Thanks again Brandon.
    I second that brother!!!!! That is why I love 10thplanet so much. Just the amount of help and FREE advice is priceless. This is a true community unlike any other.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Low percentage move
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin
    Will be trying this next class

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast