Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin

does anyone body triangle in guard while going for a guilotine?

as the title says. does anyone do this? does it work?

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    I think it opens you to get slammed from the guard if you already have the neck I dont see why you couldnt finish from full guard.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Spalla View Post
    I think it opens you to get slammed from the guard if you already have the neck I dont see why you couldnt finish from full guard.
    but in a jits tournament? where you cant slam? im just thinking because of the whole doing it from the back and constricting their breathing a bit more. and it also makes it harder to pass. sometimes you dont always have the neck as muc as you want.

Array

School
    10th Planet Walnut Creek
    From the San Francisco Bay Area California.
    I feel like I have better control from full guard. If you have a good squeeze with your arms and legs I don't see why it wouldn't work for either method. I just feel using the body triangle in guard is adding a step.

My opinion, If you own the neck it isn't necessary. If you only partially have the neck the ability to stay mobile and change angles will help more than the squeeze of a body triangle.

Array

School
    10th Planet Ventura
    It sounds like you think the point of the legs is to squeeze your opponent and push him away from you. Not true. If anything, you would use your closed guard to pull your opponent forward so you could adjust his head to where you wanted it on the side of your ribs. After that, you can use the legs to pull yourself up an inch to provide an extra bit of twist when you corkscrew the guillotine to the side.

So no, no body triangle.

Array

School
    Miami WMB(Alliance Miami)
    way too much work in my opinion. no arm marcelo style guillotine from butterflies or foot up back and one across stomach or on hip works best keeps their hips away and head sunk deeper in the choke

Array

School
    asylum/MFS 10th planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Gibbs View Post
    My opinion, If you own the neck it isn't necessary. If you only partially have the neck the ability to stay mobile and change angles will help more than the squeeze of a body triangle.
    agree with kevin!

Array

School
    thanks guys, i dont do this, it just popped in my head and i couldnt think of a reason why not. now i can

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    As scott pointed out the finish for the guillotine isnt based on the squeeze of your guard and it may be hard to lock the neck if you already have the body triangle.... But I think if you wrapped the neck right and were still squeezing his neck the right way that it wouldnt hurt. A crushing pain around his midsection will make him think twice about trying to struggle out for the last few seconds before you get the tap/he goes out.

It ist necessary to get the tap and if you got short legs or else your opponent is wide... It would be hard to lock it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast