Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crucifix

I use it a lot. Threaten from back or turtle, finish armbar with legs, rnc, reverse omoplata, americana, inverted triangles, kimura recovery. Marcelo's stuff is the best although lots of people have great tidbits.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Good finds Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Canders View Post
    I use it a lot. Threaten from back or turtle, finish armbar with legs, rnc, reverse omoplata, americana, inverted triangles, kimura recovery. Marcelo's stuff is the best although lots of people have great tidbits.
    I feel like theres other choke opportunities there too. Ninja choke, figure 4 guilly, guilly, a nasty neck crank (cattle catch?). This is all from my crazy head so we'll see how they work in real life
    Last edited by Brent Smith; 01-29-2014 at 12:13 PM.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I have two setups from top side I use often as well. One my friend taught me and and another came from playing with the cradle trap. Super tight. I love crucifix.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby rivers View Post
    I have two setups from top side I use often as well. One my friend taught me and and another came from playing with the cradle trap. Super tight. I love crucifix.
    Do you have a link to the cradle you're talking about? I think there's a chance for a Spladle if they stay based and keep turtled rather than letting you roll them.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    Head instructor 10th Planet Mobile
    I made it up. But I'm sure someone else found it before. If you stay patient and heavy they're fucked.

In this cradle they are facing away from you. Shoulder pressure with legs laced.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    Sam Davis is all over me with the Crucifix right now. He's killing with it. He's an incredible student, so he will probably have some great insight.
    Last edited by Brandon Mccaghren; 01-29-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    When Eddie did his last seminar in Detroit, Adlai Cleveland demonstrated a super-sick crucifix setup and I know Eddie got it on film.
    I have hinted at Eddie to put it in an MTS and he said he wouldn, but I think it's long gone by now...

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise
    The crucifix and the back are the same thing in my mind. Just different control with the legs. It's all a compliment to the seatbelt. If they bridge when in the crucifix put both hooks in. If they escape your back control catch the top side (choking) arm with legs and they are in the crucifix. Back and forth until they expose their neck. Once I'm a brown belt I plan on making some videos of this stuff. It's my favorite. The "reverse crucifix" position is in the R and D phase right now as well.

You can do some really wicked stuff with the crucifix. Someone link the marcelo and Ben askren roll and watch the last thing he taps him with.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    I think it's called the Baret choke no? Baret is incredible with it. I thought the crucifix was the side control rabbit punch thing that Matt Hughes did to BJ, no? Am I retarded ?
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    Just texted 10p black belt Shigeki Matsuda.....

"Yes, it's called Kadowaki special. He tapped Rumina Sato with this.
    Baret learned it from him.
    I also learned it from him" -Shigeki
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast