Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Crucifix

Array

School
    10th Planet Dawsonville Hotbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    I think it's called the Baret choke no? Baret is incredible with it. I thought the crucifix was the side control rabbit punch thing that Matt Hughes did to BJ, no? Am I retarded ?
    I think what Matt Hughes did to BJ in there 2nd fight was technically an inverted crusifix. I'm not sure what the correct terminology would but it's either an inverted or reverse crusifix.

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise
    There is a crucifix from the top and a crucifix from the back. The top one is a MMA beat down position and the back one is the one Marcelo does all the time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Davis View Post
    You can do some really wicked stuff with the crucifix. Someone link the marcelo and Ben askren roll and watch the last thing he taps him with.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Ujz5sCS3k 6:32 is where Marcelo starts setting up the Bonanza choke.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    There is a crucifix from the top and a crucifix from the back. The top one is a MMA beat down position and the back one is the one Marcelo does all the time.
    Yep, and the Baret Choke is a modification of the regular old crucifix.

I'm terrible at all of it.
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Boulder
    It definitely isnt a strong point of my game. Im working on it though. Studying all of Marcelos stuff trying to master it!

Array

School
    10th Planet Hamburg/ Ronin
    so correct me if im wrong but you would call ita crucifix control when one arm is controlling one of their arms and your legs are controlling their other arm?

because i go into it all the time from jiu claw. i get the omaplata and when i sit up i hook the arm and use it to twist my body around to get the tap. it also takes way his abilty to base well and makes it easy to flatten. and if he rolls out of it i can keep the control and attack more from there. the chokes are all available aswell but i really love my omplata so i always aim to finish from there.

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ
    So the kadowaki special is different than the rear crucifix?

If kadowaki invented it then we gotta do the right thing and give him credit

"Yes, it's called Kadowaki special. He tapped Rumina Sato with this.
    Baret learned it from him.
    I also learned it from him." -Shigeki

Btw Shigeki is a ninja with this
    Follow me on Instagram @eddiebravo10p

SUBSCRIBE to my videos youtube.com/twistereddie

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxtWzLHbYD4 <---- According to this video and the videos I have watched of Baret, the Kadowaki Special/ The Baret Choke is the rear crucifix (The Marcelo Crucifix) but with your left leg (in this instance) hooking the opponents leg from the inside and a 1 arm choke.

There is a clear transition by Baret switching from the Rear crucifix (before the slam) to the Kadowaki special (after the slam). This is assuming that what I am saying is accurate. Make sure to show shigeki and find out what he says because his word is obviously more accurate than mine.

Array

School
    10th Planet Enterprise
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxtWzLHbYD4 <---- According to this video and the videos I have watched of Baret, the Kadowaki Special/ The Baret Choke is the rear crucifix (The Marcelo Crucifix) but with your left leg (in this instance) hooking the opponents leg from the inside and a 1 arm choke.

There is a clear transition by Baret switching from the Rear crucifix (before the slam) to the Kadowaki special (after the slam). This is assuming that what I am saying is accurate. Make sure to show shigeki and find out what he says because his word is obviously more accurate than mine.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kr_37...32DDDE2036D0CB This is the switch I was referring to.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    I think it's called the Baret choke no? Baret is incredible with it. I thought the crucifix was the side control rabbit punch thing that Matt Hughes did to BJ, no? Am I retarded ?
    Ive heard this called the mounted crucifix. And the one from the back crucifix.

So the kadowaki special is different than the rear crucifix?

If kadowaki invented it then we gotta do the right thing and give him credit

"Yes, it's called Kadowaki special. He tapped Rumina Sato with this.
    Baret learned it from him.
    I also learned it from him." -Shigeki

Btw Shigeki is a ninja with this
    Would you pretty please get Shigeki to film some of his crucifix stuff!
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast