Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by John Mejia View Post
    http://mysticdragonbjj.webs.com/

Any Relation to this, I believe in one of his sections (Private Lessons) He states

"I offer private lessons at the hourly rate of $20. I do not use mats but I have padded carpet in my basement in case you do not want to host the lessons. You will be responsible for providing a third party when working submissions. The third party will be responsible for ensuring the tap is quickly acknowledged by the victor as this will eliminate any possible loss of consciousness or damaging ligament tears or bone breaks. While I believe I have mostly overcome my Social Anxiety Disorder, I fear I can still hold a choke or knee bar too long "in the heat of battle." And apparently david lang gave him his Black in 3 years
    OMFG! This can't be real...
    "MY EXPERIENCE

BJJ has forever changed my life. I was an awkward student with no friends and low self esteem. Grand Master David Lang took me under his wing and offered me private lessons. He was very tough, but I learned and blossomed under his tutelage. Within 8 months, I had made myself nearly unsubmittable even if I did not yet possess the skills to submit him.

That would all change after just over 3 years of instruction when I sunk a deep choke on the grand master. He refused to tap* and after I helped revive him, he awarded me my black belt just as he had promised. That was October 2010. I had already graduated from Ithaca and decided to travel to celebrate and introspect on my proudest accomplishment.

I was on a plane to China and was soon backpacking through the Wudang region in Hubei. It was in those mountains that I encountered Shaolin monks. They were all true martial arts experts who had studied Kung Fu for a minimum of 40 years each and they were highly skilled and surprisingly strong for their size and advanced ages. My feigned respect for their Kung Fu striking led them to also share some Shaolin Eagle Claw Chin Na which expanded my ground game a bit. Of course, I also eagerly taught them some BJJ moves and this was when I realized I had found my true calling: to teach self defense grappling.

I sparred frequently with the Shaolin monks (we only went about 90% on each other) and they were quite impressed that I won about two thirds of the matches. (I was even more impressed personally since I had never rolled with anyone besides David Lang before.) This experience was all the more exhilarating as I believe I was the very first BJJ practitioner they had met and it was an honor to be chosen as the ambassador for my great sport.

After returning from China, I spent the remainder of a very hectic and busy 2011 developing and assembling my self defense centric curriculum while also completing several major editing projects and relocating to the Nebraska panhandle. In 2012, Mystic Dragon BJJ was formally launched.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* For safety reasons, you should ALWAYS tap. That is how I was taught and that is what I insist all students do. I believe the Grand Master may have tapped and just said he didn't so I wouldn't feel bad as I got so excited at the prospect of a submission, I believe I wouldn't have noticed the tap anyway. This is also why I insist students bring a third party to all sessions where submissions will be practiced. "

Haha he even mentions Eddie http://mysticdragonbjj.webs.com/faq.htm

"Why don't you award belts under your birth name?

I think this is egotistical and old fashioned. I'm not the only one as Eddie Bravo is a BJJ black belt who runs Tenth Planet BJJ. "

This has to be the worlds greatest troll site, no way this is a real person

Array

School
    cobra kai
    I encourage you guys to read the original article I posted, he went to some great lengths to pull off this lie. Impressively pathetic, yet entertaining.

Array

School
    Ronin
    From what I've read on the police gazette web site, I'm betting he reopens his school either in Cortland or Ithaca. Either way, both are close by and I don't think I have the willpower to resist checking out this fool

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Cora Sek View Post
    You know compare to everyone else, we are new to the BJJ scene so we very naïve as a new born baby... That being said, for the past week, people have been telling me about this Black belt in TX and his association. We have attended 3 of his events so far and I have no clue it was his at all. I always deal with someone else, whom happen to be very helpful. I always ask him to give me the scoop as to how many kids will be in Cora's division before we register and make that 4-7 hours drive. Needless to say that his event hasn't been the best experience, but we just wanted good competition for Cora so we suck it up and attend. But knowing what I know now and all the stuff I've been told this past week, I doubt if we ever attend their event again. So many events by other promotions now in TX that we are able to chose and pick which one to attend. Don't want to name any name as I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings...LOL I think I read something about his association on the news also a few weeks ago, not a good thing at all. BTW a couple months ago at one of his event, I couldn't understand why him and his "ref" was eyeing Cora so much. Maybe its the 10thplanet patch that is on her pant leg??? LOL

Bruce now you know why the OG 10th Planet heads are super critical of people coming into the system and why we vet out bad technques and people with questionable character.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike May View Post
    From what I've read on the police gazette web site, I'm betting he reopens his school either in Cortland or Ithaca. Either way, both are close by and I don't think I have the willpower to resist checking out this fool
    Wanna bet we never see him at any tournaments or mma shows

Mike find out his name, we need to keep tabs on him.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Wanna bet we never see him at any tournaments or mma shows

Mike find out his name, we need to keep tabs on him.
    David Lang has been kicked out of his location at the Northeast Martial Arts Training Center by school owner Jeff Edwards http://policegazette.us/blog/2014/01...omewhere-else/
    From what I've been reading, this guy will definitely be popping up again.

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Bravo View Post
    A super fight with him a the fake black belt from Texas would be awesome
    Found this on TXMMA.com under promo for Metamoris 3.

Brandon Quick 3 possible answers:
    1) Eddie loses like he did to Leo Vieira with negative points for pulling guard after 20 minutes (this I think is really going to happen)
    2) Eddie wins via sub with 10th Planet tricks
    3) Royler wins with strong fundamentals

January 27 at 2:39pm · Like · 2

Array

School
    Ground Dwellers / 10thplanet Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    Bruce now you know why the OG 10th Planet heads are super critical of people coming into the system and why we vet out bad technques and people with questionable character.
    Gotcha Coach...

Array

School
    asylum/MFS 10th planet Chicago
    thats sad this stuff still goes on but we HAVE HAD A FEW ROLL . THRU TOWN they get called out quickly on their garbage and never stay once people hear about it. Sad thing is the people that want to learn pay these jokes money and get robbed blind of having the chance to start the bjj journey.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast