Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Array

School
    10th Planet Fort Lauderdale Hotbox/MGJJ Purple Belt/10P Miami
    Sweet! Now if I can just learn to double bag effectively......

Array

School
    10th Planet El Paso
    Awesome attacks! Keep it comming!

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce Kim View Post
    No offense, but this wouldn't work.

Pumping to lock the shoulder from Mission Control is unrealistic. There's a reason why we pump from Crackhead Control.

The problem with what I saw from Brackish Waters is that you have to momentarily unlock the shoulder just to secure anything. Mid transition, there's a lot of room for the guy to shrug his shoulder free or simply back out of the guard. It looks a lot like Muddy Waters without the hand on the mat, which doesn't work; dead orchard aside.

Also implying that someone could just shrug out of a sinched dead orchard is laughable.
    Like I said before, there are many, many entries to this position (obviously, the “locking the shoulder” part is a key position in the rubber guard basically). Pumping from mission is incredibly difficult…. Unless it’s off of a minor mistake of the opponents elbows just as you brake him down or get to the full guard. It was my plan to show just a really basic entry to the shoulder trap to spend the time on talking about muddy waters. I get a “free shoulder trap” on people sometimes. I’ve gotten it on guys at HQ. Got it on a purple belt at HG… It happens like free New York does. Its not the highest percentage way to get the shoulder trapped, but it’s the easiest, much like the posture brake I used in the video. I saw no point in spending time on something Eddie already shows. That said perhaps I should have showed a different one? Sorry if I made that too hard.
    You do not momentarily unlock the shoulder to get this position, you go directly to it instead of the shoulder trap position. Same transition time either way. If you can get to the shoulder trap, you can get to this. It’s way easier to control this though, because it has the same control as the shoulder trap but is reinforced by your arm.
    3. It IS basically options from a non-hand on the mat muddy waters. And it’s worked for me repeatedly in SEVERAL different gyms for a long time.
    4. I almost don’t know how to respond “Also implying that someone could just shrug out of a sinched dead orchard is laughable.” I’ve been doing “dead orchard” type moves for over 3 years before it was called that. Including double digit #’s in competition. Check the thread where the “Dead Orchard” got its name. You can also find people shrugging out of the “dead orchard” in some of my competition videos. And on TONS of the videos that were posted after the move became popular. It’s happening all the time.

Array

School
    10th Planet Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Royce Kim View Post
    No offense, but this wouldn't work.

Pumping to lock the shoulder from Mission Control is unrealistic. There's a reason why we pump from Crackhead Control.

The problem with what I saw from Brackish Waters is that you have to momentarily unlock the shoulder just to secure anything. Mid transition, there's a lot of room for the guy to shrug his shoulder free or simply back out of the guard. It looks a lot like Muddy Waters without the hand on the mat, which doesn't work; dead orchard aside.

Also implying that someone could just shrug out of a sinched dead orchard is laughable.
    False. Go try it out before you shoot it down

Brian is a straight up gangster in rubber guard. If hes saying guys could shrug out of Dead Orchard then its probably because hes come across guys that have done that and already figured out the solution to the problem.
    Last edited by Brent Smith; 02-04-2014 at 08:45 AM.
    #10thplanetFREAKS

Array

School
    10th Planet Corona
    Thanks for this Brian.

Do you ever go for the double arm triangle off this? Once he defends the armlock he is giving you the space to push the arm across and get a really tight finish.
    Blue belt under Sean Bollinger

http://www.facebook.com/camcarr93?ref=tn_tnmn

Array

School
    Lake Effect jiu jitsu
    This is great stuff for the community to see! Even if it "doesn't work", which I strongly doubt, since Brian kills larger peeps daily with it. Anyway, don't just take it for the whole, but look at the parts. There is a ton of small pieces in there that someone can take and bulid with. I love the kimura to stuffing the arm to get it out of the mix. These are things that a small person can do to stack the odds in his favor against monsters that can use brute strenght to defend the armbar. Small portions of this vid will spred throughout the 10 community in the coming months and other things will spin off from it. I for one love this new sharing that is being allowed.
    Last edited by Greg W; 02-04-2014 at 02:34 PM.

Array

School
    10th Planet Beaumont
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Carr View Post
    Thanks for this Brian.

Do you ever go for the double arm triangle off this? Once he defends the armlock he is giving you the space to push the arm across and get a really tight finish.
    I do that a little. I only showed my best stuff here. That's a secondary option for me.

Array

School
    10th Planet Springfield
    Barncat is a killer, that's all you need to know. This is his top notch stuff winning NAGA expert divisions over and over
    superherojiujitsuacademy.com
    http://www.defensesoap.com/idevaffil...ate.php?id=327
    10P4L
    F&V forever
    Ps 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Ge 32:24 And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day.
    Blackbelt 3/28/13

Array

School
    10th Planet Winnipeg
    Thank you for sharing your tech!!!

:-)

Array

School
    West coast fight team
    Man that is a lot of game in this! Couple of different camera angles would help too.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast