Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Gainesville

WHEN Eddie wins Metamoris

I say all of us change our location/academy to "Royler Gracie BJJ" just for laughs.

Array

School
    Eris Martial Arts, Peterborough
    I know you're just kidding around but I think everyone here has mad respect for Royler and even when he loses, we will still respect him and his family and their BJJ legacy. They are legends.
    (So is Eddie)

@Kurzinator on Twitter & Instagram

Array

School
    Marcelo Garcia Gainesville
    Oh, alright, cool.

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Wancarlos Sanchez View Post
    I say all of us change our location/academy to "Royler Gracie BJJ" just for laughs.
    I don't get the joke. Respect your heritage, son!

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    LOL that would've been funny during "war" time when everyone hated and had no respect for 10th. While that's the case for some people, the 10th planet army has tapped enough people around the world that people can't deny it. So it's like we're in "peace" times. Win lose or draw, I'm sure there's still plenty of respect on both ends.

But I could imagine a lot more people will be flooding this forum after Eddie wins though. It's selfish of me, but I wouldn't mind if people stayed ignorant to 10th. Their ignorance gives me a huge advantage. Hard to defend what you don't know (or don't believe works).

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ/ Brentwood BJJ
    Royler/Eddie have both done a lot for the sport that we love... I know you were kidding, but show some respect.

Royler/Eddie both deserve equal respect Win/Lose.

Array

School
    TBJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rosado View Post
    It's selfish of me, but I wouldn't mind if people stayed ignorant to 10th. Their ignorance gives me a huge advantage. Hard to defend what you don't know (or don't believe works).
    That's the wrong attitude. Catching someone off guard proves nothing. Submitting someone who knows what's coming makes a statement.

Array

School
    10th Planet Decatur and 10th Planet Muscle Shoals
    I say regardless of the outcome, the entire 10th Planet Army rises to their feet and bows, then forms a line to shake hands with Royler and his family. I say we behave like martial artists, on and off the mats. That'd be a much bigger win and statement.

I know you're just trying to get a laugh. But this is the internet, son. Folks get fired up. All you're doing by writing something like that is encouraging the toxicity you find in all the other BJJ forums.

If we believe we have something special in our hands, we should hold ourselves to a higher standard of behavior and respect. Even on the intrawebz.

Now, that's my opinion. And you know what they say about opinions...
    "The lockdown is not the 10th Planet gospel; an open mind is the 10th Planet gospel."
    - Amir Allam

Please stop by and check out my site

Array

School
    10th Planet Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post
    I say regardless of the outcome, the entire 10th Planet Army rises to their feet and bows, then forms a line to shake hands with Royler and his family. I say we behave like martial artists, on and off the mats. That'd be a much bigger win and statement.

I know you're just trying to get a laugh. But this is the internet, son. Folks get fired up. All you're doing by writing something like that is encouraging the toxicity you find in all the other BJJ forums.

If we believe we have something special in our hands, we should hold ourselves to a higher standard of behavior and respect. Even on the intrawebz.

Opinions are for #LeglessRookies that's what they say

Array

School
    Ronin (10thP Rochester roots)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Hachey View Post
    That's the wrong attitude. Catching someone off guard proves nothing. Submitting someone who knows what's coming makes a statement.
    Black belts totally have the wrong attitude then. LOL. Cmon dude. You're making a big assumption. It's not like that ALL I do. But higher belts tap lower belts with stuff they don't know all the time. I tap higher belts with stuff they don't know. Seems fair to me. I don't see what's wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Mccaghren View Post

*Slow clap*

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast