Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Array

School
    10th Planet HQ circa 2006-07
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Camacho View Post
    What other leg control positions can be obtained that offer the same kind of stability and control as the leg lace?
    The Inside Leg Triangle gives a lot of control. It's more solid than the Outside Leg Triangle or 50/50 and you can switch from foot locks to heel hooks, toe holds & knee bars. The Inside Leg Triangle can be countered but it is not a '50/50' situation like what Ryan Hall does.

Array

School
    Ronin
    inside and outside leg triangle is this the same thing some people refer to as inside and outside figure four? what is considered knee reaping?
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    Ronin
    speaking of figure four....
    THE GREATIST LEG LOCK OF ALL TIME!!
    formerly known as jmw0582

Array

School
    In Sport BJJ you can do a straight ankle lock or have the leg on the low side of your body which would be an 'Outside/Low Approach' to leg locks. Most everything else is considered 'reeping the knee' in BJJ including the Outside/High approach that Chirs shows in the video above that ends in the Leg Knot.

The Figure Four from pro wrestling and the Inside Leg Triangle are different. I guess some people could call an Inside/Outside Leg Triangle a figure four.

Array

School
    Here's an example of an Inside Leg Triangle (inside/high approach). Leg Triangle starts around 1:30.

http://www.no-gi-grappling.com/leg-locks-clinic.html

When you're on your side with your legs triangled to the inside you want to have your knee driving into your opponent's hip and the ground. You squeeze the triangle on their leg. Then you can go for the foot lock, heel hook or as your opponent defends you can go to a toe hold, knee bar ... depending on what they do.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Some of you are falling to see the 50/50 leg locks are not 100%. why would you bank on your opp. having bad tech. would you defend an armbar after its on, thinking he doesnt no how to finish it.

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Yockel View Post
    Some of you are falling to see the 50/50 leg locks are not 100%. why would you bank on your opp. having bad tech. would you defend an armbar after its on, thinking he doesnt no how to finish it.
    50/50 isn't the best leg control position. There are some that are really tight like the Leg Knot or Inside Leg Triangle that are pretty safe and have a high finish % if you know what you're doing. The idea that leg locks give up position is true for people that jump for foot locks without securing the position first.

The problem with leg locks is that not many people really know how to secure positions that make them high percentage subs. The principle of 'position before submission' applies to leg locks too.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    Here's an example of an Inside Leg Triangle (inside/high approach). Leg Triangle starts around 1:30.

http://www.no-gi-grappling.com/leg-locks-clinic.html

When you're on your side with your legs triangled to the inside you want to have your knee driving into your opponent's hip and the ground. You squeeze the triangle on their leg. Then you can go for the foot lock, heel hook or as your opponent defends you can go to a toe hold, knee bar ... depending on what they do.
    The issue I have with the method that starts at 1:30 is your opponent can still sit up as the attacker is facing outside, their is little control on the far hip, along with leaving themselves open for counter leg locks. The one he does at around 5:20 (turning inside) is far superior imho, and hiding your feet in his crotch or hamstring is much harder to attack than the way he leaves his legs on the inside/outside triangle.
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Array

School
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Herzog View Post
    The issue I have with the method that starts at 1:30 is your opponent can still sit up as the attacker is facing outside, their is little control on the far hip, along with leaving themselves open for counter leg locks. The one he does at around 5:20 (turning inside) is far superior imho, and hiding your feet in his crotch or hamstring is much harder to attack than the way he leaves his legs on the inside/outside triangle.
    I can agree with that. The path to the leg knot is the safest with the most control but there are other approaches to leg locks. My intention with the link was to show what an Inside Leg Triangle is. There are ways to counter and escape the ILT for sure, no doubt, I agree.

Array

School
    10th Planet Rochester
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Mallory View Post
    I can agree with that. The path to the leg knot is the safest with the most control but there are other approaches to leg locks. My intention with the link was to show what an Inside Leg Triangle is. There are ways to counter and escape the ILT for sure, no doubt, I agree.
    Were on the same page brother, just pointing it out. My intention is always to take the path to the leg knot, doesn't always end up that way depending on your opponents reactions. Its just that same as using the basic path in Rubber Guard, I'd like to end up going through the path, hitting the D.A. sweep to Twister Side Control, but I'm not gunna look a gift horse in the mouth if he gives up a GoGo or Omaplata!

I hate to admit it, but I hit a heel hook from 50/50 yesterday, wasn't intetionally going for 50/50 just ended up there in a scramble
    Check out my instructional website:www.zogipedia.com

Head Coach 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu Rochester www.10thplanetjiujitsurochester.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast